Car wreck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car wreck

So, after 12 hours of work (double shift) at P.F. Changs, I get into my '03 Galant which I paid for myself and start heading home. I'm on Capital of Texas Highway stopped at a red light when all of the sudden I get struck from behind by some woman(in her 20's) in a huge truck who was talking on her cell phone and had some drinks in her. She hits me at around 50 mph and my car goes flying across the intersection into one of those big street light polls (one of those huge ones that are lodged into concret). I hit the poll with so much force it FELL OVER. So my car is stopped and my door is jammed, so I pull myself out through the driver's side window, which is completely gone, and call an ambulance which arrives about 5 minutes later. The woman in the truck was perfectly fine and I am incredibly lucky to suffer from only a broken ankle. The seatbelt and the airbag in a car with a 5 star safety rating saved my life. Anyways, just thought it was a cool story to share.

** The picture of the front might be hard to see because I had to size it down alot in order for it to be uploaded as < 100 kb. Also, these photos were taken a few days after the accident at the car towing place.

(This happened a little over a week ago on Saturday night, October 1)
    Attached Files

Re: Car wreck

gg hitboxes

Glad you're safe.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i gotta get me one of those cars....glad you are safe.....
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Haha, yep. I've realized the safety rating is the most important thing the look for when car shopping.

Comment

Glad your ok man.

Comment

did homegirl get a dui? Where on cap of tx highway?

Glad you're ok.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies.

leejo, yeah, homegirl got a dui plus many other tickets and a big fat law suit.

I was headed south stopped at a street called Lakewood which is right before 2222. Usually by the time I hit that light I've got a cig lit up and got my arm hanging out the window. I'm just really happy that I, for whatever reason, decided not to smoke that night or my arm would be gone!

Comment

The car was nice too :(

Good job on being fine though. Idiots on the road man, they make me worried about learning to drive.

Comment

Yeah I know Lakewood. You can get up a good head of steam on either side of that light.

I just changed my profile from Austin to Houston last night. :D

Yes, smoking is very bad for you.

Comment

Damn, I could've walked down there. I live right up there in Jester. Sorry to hear about the car man.

Edit: I just realized that I was there a little bit before that. Dang, I must've just
                    missed it
                    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                    [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Just thought of something.

Bruce here mentioend his seatbelt. That's why I always wear mine. My parents do about half the time... and that's why I do all the time.

I'll mention this to them. Maybe they'll, you know, think about it?

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                        I just changed my profile from Austin to Houston last night. :D
                        Really, what part of houston?

sorry to hear about the wreck man...hope your ankle gets better.

Comment

I'm working for El Paso downtown. House hunting now (Garden Oaks maybe?) and renting at Buffalo Speedway and Alabama in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Willis
                            ** The picture of the front might be hard to see because I had to size it down alot in order for it to be uploaded as < 100 kb. Also, these photos were taken a few days after the accident at the car towing place.
                            Glad you're OK!

Oh, and for photo hosting, try www.imageshack.us it makes things very easy...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

thank god you lived through that man

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed