Home AV setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home AV setup

I said I'd try to get some pictures up of the install I did for my parents. It's a little messy as minutes before my mom HAD to have the old Sony VCR hooked up so she could watch "The Santa Clause."

Anyways, here they are (click on pictures for larger version):

My dad handled the wall mount for the TV itself as for some reason, he didn't think I could handle mounting lag bolts into brick (considering I had only done it 100 times before at my old job). I did pretty much everything else (took forever).

What I like about the pioneer is all the "guts (inputs and outputs)" are in that silver box (second one from the top, under the DVR/SAT receiver). So all my AV cables could be very short and hidden. All it has going to the TV is a DVI cable for Hi-Def, a "control" cable, and the power chord (we mounted a 110 into the brick, it's hidden behind the TV). The only problem is that if my parents put their house on the market, some family will want the TV to come with the house, and that makes FeniX a dull boy.

The first movie we watched on it was Star Wars Episode III and it looked awesome with composite cables coming from the DVD player. Oh yea, and it's all optical audio (which will probably anger a certain individual who I won't name).

Re: Home AV setup

owned!

i bought this with my college refund one semester and had to bust my hump the whole semester to pay rent and others but it was worth it

i love you hugemongous tv!

you do have a better digital camera than i do though lol!

Comment

So the monitor is surface-mounted on the brick? At first glance I thought it was inset, which looked really cool. In any case, I'm envious.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
        So the monitor is surface-mounted on the brick?
        There is a flat piece with a bar you mount onto the wall. The TV then hooks onto it, and long screws are tightened so you are unable to life it (hence, it won't fall off).

At first glance I thought it was inset, which looked really cool. In any case, I'm envious.
        Yea, too bad I'm moving out soon. I'll miss that TV.

Comment

How about 65 inches. My toy.

http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~tg_bubba/DSC01004.JPG

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba
            owned

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

ah! bubba ,but can you play battlefield on yours? tee hee :) i can

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE
                ah! bubba ,but can you play battlefield on yours? tee hee :) i can
                Yes and it awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba

I have a 64" HDTV as well. I've got a little home theatre downstairs with all the fixin's.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Gotta love a BIG HDTV and gaming. Wish the the little lady would let me hook up to it more.:row__531:

Comment

me and my dad have a 110' projector, with an automatic screen. Its pretty sweet, i'll see if i can get some pics.

Comment

65 inch as well, with an onkyo 7.1 reciever and of course 7 speakers

Comment

Oh, I will own you all once i get pictures of my baby. I still have yet to hook it up to my rig. The only problem with all of the Cable and Speakers and DVD stuff is all of the remotes you have to keep track of.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul
                            65 inch as well, with an onkyo 7.1 reciever and of course 7 speakers
                            Until I win the lottery (and can afford pro equipment), I'll never buy any stereo equipment from any other manufacturer. A new Onkyo receiver and big, flat HDTV is high on my wish list...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by hayes321
                              me and my dad have a 110' projector, with an automatic screen. Its pretty sweet, i'll see if i can get some pics.
                              110'! That's HUGE! :p

I'm gonna get a projector when I finally finish my basement. One day... one day... :)
                              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X