• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Any fish people here?

Re: Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Originally posted by JMJ
    Any fish people here?
    Yep, but I've never been too big on cichlids. I've been in the process of "looking for a house" for the past year now, so I still haven't set up my tank the way I want it. 55 gallons with a single betta splendens and nothing else but a heater in it!

Once I get in my new house, I'm setting my aquarium up for freshwater aquatic plants.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Dang, I thought we were going to discuss a fungus :(
      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        Yep, but I've never been too big on cichlids. I've been in the process of "looking for a house" for the past year now, so I still haven't set up my tank the way I want it. 55 gallons with a single betta splendens and nothing else but a heater in it!

Once I get in my new house, I'm setting my aquarium up for freshwater aquatic plants.
        These Africans are cool...very small, the male is about 1.5" long full grown, the females are under 1". I've had them for about 3 years now. Pretty cool fish to watch dig and move sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
          Dang, I thought we were going to discuss a fungus :(
          Hey, if that's your thing :p

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
            These Africans are cool...
            very small, the male is about 1.5" long full grown, the females are under 1". I've had them for about 3 years now.
            Pretty cool fish to watch dig and move sand.
            I heard that they're very shy/skittish...

They look cool, though!

I've been thinking about making a biotope-style aquarium and the African lake was one of the themes that I've considered.

I helped organize this Aquatic Showcase and Competition and there are a few very nice examples of the kind of biotope I'm looking for there.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Yeah, they can be skittish, especially if you have little kids running around the tank. If you don't have the little kids, they are great to watch. They dig like mad and can move insane amounts of sand in a short period of time. They dig down to the glass and I think I have 2" of sand in there. They also bury the shells they don't use. A cool fish and very easy to take care of.

Check out Cichlid Forum if you are interested in cichlids, it's an excellent resource.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/index.php

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X