TG's Gaming Club strikes gold...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's Gaming Club strikes gold...

For those of you that don't know... Tactical Gamer has an inner "Game Club" where we play 4 great games, but not popular enough for dedicated nights, on a weekly rotation.

The Game Club meets every Sunday around 9 PM Eastern, (thou the hardcore usually connect between 7 and 8 to start the action.)

Last Sunday was our first night and we kicked it off with Operation Flashpoint, which had a great turn out, and some great action once the bugs were worked out.

Well this week (last night), we had our second game, America's Army, we also had a great turn out, and it was some of the most intense, fun, tactical gameplay I've ever had here at TG or anywhere for that matter.

(it's funny: last week after playing OFP, I said to myself "forget the rotation of games, lets just play OFP every week", well I also said that after last nights AA games, lol... hence the reason we have the club and rotate through 4 games.)

Anyway... I took plenty of screenshots, cut about half out, then uploaded the other half to my personal web site. You see them all here:
    http://www.magnumland.com/screenshots.htm

or just check out the best ones below... (Realize I take the screenshots once I'm dead, in some of the maps I had my game face on and just didn't die much, and these screens don't tell the whole story of teamwork and tactics in action... but there action shots usually of a member dying, lol, sorry boyz. :madsmile:

Grenade OUT!

In my Unreal Tournament voice... "Killing Spree"

GUNFIGHT Part One...

GUNFIGHT Part Two... run away, run away...

GUNFIGHT Part Three... I can't run away, I'm an admin here, how would it look...

-continued-
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: TG's Gaming Club strikes gold...

Fantastic write up! I regret that my RL commitments prevented me from joining, but I look forward to next week.

Comment

-continued-

Ohh... man down, man down... cover fire... grenade out...

Turbo lighting up the dark room.. you do know the light switch is behind you right?

Oh Oh.. .someone looks pinned and alone now...

Man down, Man down... Perry takes a grenade to the face...

THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE... screenshot of the night... you see, I love Turbo... but he's gotten too good and too cocky in AA, so I like to watch him most and take screens when he dies... this one gives me pleasure because he threw the grenade in, it bounced off the wall and landed on the window frame... it sat there and cooked and BOOM... turbo down! I love you man! :row__577: ...

Friedfish=Rampage!!! "the song "let the bodies hit the floor" comes to mind here...

-continued- (not sure what the pic limit is for a post... anyone?
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

-continued-

Trooper was my hero of the moment here:

Chuckles working as part of a fireteam, nice bounding overwatch observed with you three...

Friedfish covering the alley with his rockin M249 SAW...

THATS ME DEAD! Next time you see me die in that position, kick me over or throw a mercy nade... I don't know some of you too well, and not sure what you'll put in me in that position... flagpole, AK47 barrel...or something worst... lol...

Munchkin takes it in the back...

OK...so I posted more then just a few... sue me... I had a GREAT time last night, and thx you all for the fun, oh and Turbo's death...

The following is all the members that arrived for our Game Clubs AA night:
        (if I missed someone, except my apology and add it below.)

Perry
        Magnum (me)
        Sloppy Joe (the team swapper)
        Turbo (the bullet magnet)
        FriedFish (the killing spree)
        Strag
        Chuckles (Mr. "I'm not leaving my wingman!")
        Cain
        Mirfee (another one of my secret hero's)
        Munchkin
        Trooper
        Redleg
        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Nice retrospective Magnum. Wish I'd thought to do the same thing from the other team. Would be great to have opposite viewpoints for a whole 'story in pictures.' ;)

Oh, and you honor me with 'secret hero.' Though, I'm not sure how or why, seeing as I was trying to kill you all night. ;)

Comment

That's a great action shot of Turbo flying through the air.:icon_lol:

Comment

Great pics and write up, Magnum. Last night was a blast! I'm looking forward to the next Game Club Night.

Comment

it was fun last night, my wife kept coming in and telling me to keep the noise down.

my best map last night was urban assult, i was on fire that first round, had 6 kills.

great turn out, hope we can keep the AA alive
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                  Friedfish=Rampage!!! "the song "let the bodies hit the floor" comes to mind here...
                  http://www.magnumland.com/images/Scr.../Shot00125.jpg
                  You can see in the text how we predicted that the dude was about to be TK'd. That's the importance of reporting in. The living players were on TS wondering if anyone was on the 1st floor alive, while that Scott guy was in the stairwell picking up an enemy weapon.. He fired a few rounds with it and was subsequently shot by a friendly. That is the importance of reporting in and communicating your location. I TK'd one dude towards the start of a round because he came rushing through a doorway that enemies would normally come from -- ran right past an objective towards our flank and got filled with lead from my SAW. Oh well.

I had a good screenshot of Fish sitting down in the stairwell.. well, I thought I did. I guess my print screen bind isn't actually print screen :(
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

FYI for future...

F9 in game captures screens into your AmericasArmy/Screenshot folder
                    (so you don't need an outside program)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Hehe... Imortalised yet again! :row__631:

Thanks for the compliment but I didn't do so well on Urban IMO. Got teamswitched and that ontop of not playing that map that much left me scratching my head too much.

Hospital, though still not a fav of mine, was really good fun. It is so much more fun with ya'll than on a pub that's for sure. Of course, I learned the hard way not to lead in open areas with the RPK (great up close or deployed at range but really hamstrung at mid distances) when I stuck my head out from behind a trash bin to scout the back alley only to get headshot (by Trooper or Turbo I forget who Edit: Doh! Turbo was on my side I think) by his scope 1337ness from the rubble/palm tree at the far end. Magnum also made a perfect 203 on me from Heli building one round. Saw his head move in the window, opened up on him, died in fragmented glory as his perfectly aimed 203 sailed into me. :row__639:

P.S. I'll have to check and see what my SS binding is because I use F7-F9 (AA main, Assault, Defence) for TS channel switching. Course I'd probably never remember to use it. ;)
                      --
                      Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...