Wreckage!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreckage!!!

Hey guys, well, as most of you know I got an R/C car for an x-mas gift, well it is a very fun hobby, but the downside is $$$. Well, I had an accident with my 56+ MPH car lately. It is so messed up that I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Here are the pics.

Explanation of accident at the bottom.

Anyway, if you have wreckage pics, and you would like to share the twisted metal/plastic pics , post here, or post a pic of the worst wreck you have seen(on the net, or in real life)

Basically this is what happened. I was driving my truck in a ghost town shopping center parking lot, and I flipped the truck severing the antenna. This decreased my radio range from 100 yards to about 10 yards. I accelerated heavily and the truck went out of range with the throttle at 100%, and the steering in a slightly left position. The truck made it all the way to the end of the parking lot, hit a light pole at about 50 MPH, and turned back towards me. By this time the batteries for the servos disconnected(or something similar) it zoomed back at me at about 40 mph(with the front left tire dangling), and hit a concrete parking barrier( at 100% throttle), flipped in the air and smashed into a tractor, leaving the parts in a nice little pile similar to the pictures. Hope you guys get a laugh, it was funny for me at least, but it will coat about $100 to fix.

Well, until next time, bye bye

Re: Wreckage!!!

Ouch...I'm just glad that's RC.

As one or two of you know, I busted a rib a little while back, and I guess this thread is appropriate to tell the story. Might get some pics out of it, too. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago a mate of mine borrowed a high-speed camera from his dad, and we took it down to the local skatepark with some bikes to test it out. The pictures (which my friend has) go like this:
    Frame 1: Myself on bike, getting up speed on a large, "wedge shaped" ramp.
    Frame 2: I take the bike up off a quarter-pipe and inadvertently over the railings and out of the skatepark. Here's where it starts to get bad.
    Frame 3: I come off the bike, and it hits the ground. In the process, I kid you not, it snaps in half.
    Frame 4: Me on the ground. Believe me, the pain my wallet felt at having destroyed a bike was far worse than a broken rib :(

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

You got shocks, pegs...lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
      |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
        Ouch...I'm just glad that's RC.

As one or two of you know, I busted a rib a little while back, and I guess this thread is appropriate to tell the story. Might get some pics out of it, too. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago a mate of mine borrowed a high-speed camera from his dad, and we took it down to the local skatepark with some bikes to test it out.(

I assume a BMX bike correct?
        Well, I also ride BMX, and I know how it feels to destroy a bike. I purchased a Fitbikeco. Flow series frame, and tried to jump from a kicker ramp onto a 1/4 pipe. Well, as I went up to the kicker ramp, my bike caught a flat and I nosedived directly into the concrete 1/4 pipe. bending the toptube into a state that coudlnt be repaired. Well, back to my old haro cozmo frame.

Anyway, here is another story of a real car accident I was in.

2004 Ford F-350 4x4( with cattle guard) >VS< 1989 Ford Msutang 5.0

Basically, I rear ended a mustang at about 40 MPH in my dad's f-350.
        See the results...

The cattle guard was totaled, but the only damgae to the truck was a cracked grille, and slightly bent bumper. And the ford emblem falling off.

and one of the headlights bent

and the foglight was also damaged

and the coonass plate was bent, the truck drove perfectly, and I drove it to work after the cops allowed me to leave the scene. Now.... The mustang on the other hand.

as you can see, the mustang is no more good, and what you can't see is the axl, that fell off, and the rear passenger tire is almost halfway through the front door., I turned that 4 seater into a 2 seater.

I walked away unharmed, and the poor guy in the mustang broke his nose, 4 ribs, and his femur. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Comment

Well, it serves him right for backing into you at that speed. :)
          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Re the giant pictures:

http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Very easy to use. Just point it at the photo and click "Make" to make a thumbnail. Or select a bunch of images and click "Make all".

I like setting the constraint box on the Options page to 640x640 or 800x800 for stuff I'll post to a forum. For my own photo pages, I display the resulting "thumbnail" and then make the image a clickable link that leads to the full-size original.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_Swift
              You got shocks, pegs...lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
              Wow, dude! You got like, six feet of air!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
              |TG-2nd|munchkin
              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

heh! nice crashes!

Comment

I won't bother reposting the pics... they can be found here. needless to say, they totalled the car for me. I made some money on it and walked away, but I am still in pain after 9 days.
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X