X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love JMB

Just look at his work ;)

Re: Gotta love JMB

What is this? A handgun with a scope on it? I don't really know much about guns, so if this is normal, ignore my post :row__628:

Comment

It's my accurized bullseye gun. I shoot competitively and that is used for my centerfire and .45 stages. It will shoot groups under 2" at 50 yards (yes, yards) with my handloads. The slowfire is 50 yards and the timed/rapid fire is 25 yards. It's a red dot scope, no magnification. I have a custom built mount on it so I can remove the scope and still use the iron sights. Don't even ask how much money is in that gun :D

The other one is what you would consider a "combat" gun :D

Comment

Are you going to try to modify it to hold a bucket shot next :D.

Comment

JMJ, have you ever gotten to play around with a Wilson Combat CQB? Those are pretty damn accurate right out of the box. I think 1" @ 25yds. Just imagine what you could do with it after a little customization.
          |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

How much is in that GUN?

Comment

Probably his mortgage. :D
              |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Looks like custom work on the trigger and hammer. Can you say more about what's going on there? I'm guessing they've been hollowed out to reduce weight?
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_Swift
                  JMJ, have you ever gotten to play around with a Wilson Combat CQB? Those are pretty damn accurate right out of the box. I think 1" @ 25yds. Just imagine what you could do with it after a little customization.
                  Those aren't really bullseye guns though. They are definitely top of the line combat guns, but they really aren't geared towards the bullseye market. Les Baer gears some of their guns towards the bullseye guns. I'd love to buy a Wilson, but we can't purchase them in the state of Massachusetts (don't even get me started on this).

The gun is a Colt Gold Cup National Match pistol. It's a series 80. It has been completely redone: 3.5lb trigger, Kart match grade barrel with bushing and link pin/bushing all hand fit for repeatable lockup, and a slide to frame fit that is second to none. The trigger itself is just a standard 1911 trigger for the Gold Cup series of pistols (wider than normal). It's an excellent shooter with sub 2" accuracy from a rest out to 50 yards. This is what you need since the 10 ring is 3" at 50 yards :D

Comment

Nice hardware. Love my Sig and Glocks. Going to the gun show in Laughlin next week. Need to look at a couple of Kimbers.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Hey JMJ, remember that two grand you owe me? If you take me to next year's Shot Show in Vegas, I'll forget all about it. :D
                      |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_Swift
                        Hey JMJ, remember that two grand you owe me? If you take me to next year's Shot Show in Vegas, I'll forget all about it. :D

haha, you wish. Here's my .22 bullseye gun, a Pardini SP.

This is an expensive hobby to get started in :D

Comment

Good stuff, JMJ. John Moses would be proud.

Comment

So this is what you work on while admining? I don't even want to start imagining how much time you have put into this hobby...

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                              So this is what you work on while admining? I don't even want to start imagining how much time you have put into this hobby...
                              Nah, I don't work on that while adminning. I do have a competition air pistol that I shoot in the house though :D

Here's my air pistol, powered by compressed air (not CO2). It's a Steyr LP5

Last edited by JMJ; 02-15-2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X