Lockdown Mission 1... SPOILER ALERT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown Mission 1... SPOILER ALERT

Well I started playing R6: Lockdown a while ago... trying to keep an open mind for a good and proper review, but it's become hard... I haven't even finished the first mission yet... which consist of about for sub-set missions (separate loads)...

The first mission was in the demo, so it's not really a spoiler, but want to warn anyone who may not want to know nothing about Lockdown till there ready to, that you just might want to look away. ;)

First off... it can get dark... very dark and hard to see hiding bad guys... but your v key activates the night vision mode, and it can stay on forever if you like... I used night vision in the Army for 10 years, and use it occasionally on the force here... but I have NEVER seen night vision like this before... the Rainbow team must have some very good, expensive, secretive gear, lol...

Before night vision:

After:

Before night vision part 2:

After:

and if night vision that good wasn't enough of a cheat... heres a "special" vision shot done with the b key... but it's battery operated, (guess the regular night vision don't use battery's,lol) So you can't use it forever... you can see through walls ect ect...

Super duper vision:

OK enough of the vision...

You have three teammates with you, I left them in the rear most of the time while I dealt with the baddies, because if you don't 90% they will all die, at least in my 3 tries with them leading, they all did... also was in the middle of a hugh firefight about 20 tangos, I look around 2 are facing the rear, only one helping.

In this part of the mission I felt I was at a carnivel... you know, where they give you the BB gun and you shoot at all the ducks walking by... this was how this firefight played out.. snipers in the window, and an endless number of tangos walking back and forth down range saying over and over "here they come".

OK I finally died... why did I die? because I ran out of my allotment of bullets... and I wasn't even half way through the first mission... sure I can work on my aim, but if the other teammates would utilize some of there bullets I would have enough for the mission.

Here's me on my last stance with NO AMMO...

and just check out these stats... I did most of the work, I tried to get them to lead but they would only die... I really have no idea how I'm going to be able to complete these missions with such incompetent partners, and not enough ammo for the endless onslaught of tangos...

Guess I'm going to have to put it on single shot and do one shot one kill the whole game.

I do wonder how co-op will be... at least I'll have humans to help with the onslaught of tangos.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Lockdown Mission 1... SPOILER ALERT

Doesn't look too promising so far. Thanks for doing this anyway Magnum, your a great asset to TG.

Comment

thanks for taking the time to write this up, i did play the demo and HATED it, the AI is very fustrating, although R6 raven shield had very fustrating AI atleast you had amazing control over them (unlike lockdown) and where able to keep them out of harms way when their little brains did give them hassle

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

No ammo, huh? No problem! Your pistol has UNLIMITED ammo. That's right! You carry approximately infinity magazines! Isn't that amazing? I mean, I know these Rainbow guys are highly trained, but carrying the entire mass of the universe times everything to the billionth power is pretty impressive.

Comment

well I just completed the first mission... it had 5 pre-levels (levels that load)...

I played the entire game on single fire to conserve ammo, started with 500 or so rounds ended the mission with 300 still left...

Also your team IA is idiots, so I just used them as cover fire once I engaged... moved them to my flank.

no more comments from me till the review, but as you can tell... unless it changes mid game or something, it won't be pretty.

still hoping for a good co-op game.. it has the potential, but appears with first impressions to have dropped the ball.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I find the easiest way to get through any Tom Clancy game is.....

Cheats or trainers.

I never did care for the Rainbow 6 series. Lockdown does look pretty though.

[volun][drill]
            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...