Firefight + Dumb AI = Lockdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefight + Dumb AI = Lockdown

Who wants to see dumb?... come on, I can't hear you... who wants to see dumb?

I still can't hear you... yell from the top of your lungs at your computer screen...

"I Want to see DUMB!"...

OK, OK... settle down now... I'll show you dumb, but first a warning and introduction...

WARNING: What follows here is screenshots and two small video clips of R6: Lockdown, Mission 4 Amsterdam. I won't go into detail about the game in general or mission specific because I'm still working on a review for this game. (otherwise I would of thrown it out the window already and got back to SWAT4). And I sure hope some of you decide to read my review after all I sacrificed for you my fellow tactical minded gamers, and my three fans out there (you know who you are). lol

SPOILER ALERT... do not look or read further if you want to be surprised in your own Lockdown game play... otherwise please continue.

INTRODUCTION:

My first intentions of this post, screens, and video clips... was to show you, the reader, a complete mission walkthrough... but after a couple of attempts and a couple of failures, mostly due to the idiot AI in this game, I decided the hell with it... I'm not sugar coating it... whatever happens the next round is what I'm showing, good or bad. I couldn't of asked for a better example in that next round. As is with this whole game, sometimes things work great, and sometimes they don't.

Follow along on the beginning of Mission 4 for Rainbow Six: Lockdown... if you dare!

Main Menu Screen:

Campaign Mission Screen:
    (and yes I always play on normal difficulties for a new game review since thats what most will play, and to get through it easier and faster... once I complete a game a normal, I go higher and never look back.)

Nice video overview of the mission:

Then the Intel with maps and locations:

Lockdown has tons of gear and lots of weapons, (plus point)...
    They also all shoot about the same for the class (minus point):

FADE IN to mission start:

Don't worry, it will get better/exciting soon... maybe

Giving orders to the team, and and don't forget to buy Ghost Recon advance Warfighter! (those posters are all over the damn place... I already got it pre-ordered now leave me alone about it all ready.):

Stacking up and waiting for the "go code", (pretty good stack up there, but not always):

NOTE: See first video now.
    (recommend you right click and save to view so theres no stuttering, but can just click to see it streamed.)

Recommend you watch this video now before continuing, and the second video also at the right time... you'll lose the story if you watch later or out of unison, IMO.

http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/...st%20Entry.wmv

Continued...

Well that was a nice entry and good fire fight, you'll notice one RAMBO AI ran to the other side of the room getting in the cross fire, and also not clearing the side rooms... but all good no injuries to anyone.

We move down the hall, clearing rooms as we go:

What this picture don't show is that theres a empty wall behind me, we entered, the guy standing just came in after the firefight... the whole time I was engaging the enemy to our front, kneely there was facing the over way covering a wall:

You'll notice I'm injured now since my team wouldn't help in the last small firefight... this is a stack up on the door again, I order them to open and stay because theres a video camera that needs to be disabled, there not smart enough to stay out of the cameras view, so you got to do it yourself peops:

A1 you were bad bad bad, go stand with your nose to the wall... duh:

The HERO of the game, The MAGNUM, disabling the camera before inviting the team in:

OK, I know theres a BUNCH of baddies in there (because if your seen on camera, they come out in force), I could of just moved on without triggering, but I'm RAINBOW, we don't leave terrorist alive to strike again later... so i order a stack up and a grenade throw and clear:

Waiting for the "go order"... the excitement builds... what will happen... will we be victorious, will we kill all the terrorist, or will we lose a partner to the bad guys... oh boy is this great! (in my animal house voice):

NOTE: Watch the second video now...
    http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/...it%20again.wmv

Continue...
    Well you saw what happened... then we moved on, you'll notice this guy shot at this guy at the corner of the wall... never hitting him, to dumb to lean left and fire or something... I had to come up for the kill...then exited in disgust... which I do alot:

Conclusion... I still want you to read my review in a week or two, but as you can see there is clearly problems so far...

Love the maps, love the weapon selection, love the gear and uniform selections, love the interface, and love the briefings... the one major downfall (along with a number of miner ones) is the AI... your friendly forces are idiots and will die and get you killed more often then not. The enemy AI is like a shooting gallery, running back and forth for a kill.

Still haven't tested co-op or multiplayer.. Still haven't even broke true ground with this game, so theres more to follow.

Anyway to either take these maps to SWAT4, or the AI from SWAT4 to this game, lol. ;)

The end... till next time.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Firefight + Dumb AI = Lockdown

That second video was just about the best thing I've ever seen. It sums up the entire game absolutely perfectly.

Raven Shield and SWAT 4 are so much better than this thing.

Comment

This whole thread just makes me sad, and also makes me have grave reservations about GRAW.

I will just have to content myself with SWAT4, Iron Wrath, and Armed Assault.

Comment

That grenade toss was hilarious! I loved how you looked back and forth from the doorway to the corpses of your men in disbelief. That was great. :D
        |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

That was a very well written report! Thanks. +rep.

Comment

magnum, this comment just goes for any of your reviews. I read some game reviews at other sites, but im still leary of there truth. Reading your reviews i know you are not BSing your way through, can always trust a review to be thurough and fair. Thx for the hard work and the reviewing of bad games when could dieing in another good game.

+rep

on a side note, arent those graphics nice though
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

it' fun... as long as it remains fun, then I'll keep doing it.

Thanks for the kind comments.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Rainbow Six AI has always been absolutely horrible. From the Rainbow, to Rogue Spear, to Raven Shield and now Lockdown The developers have never fixed it, and it kills the games.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a teammate kill himself and injure 2 others with a grenade in a Rainbow game before.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                    I don't think I've ever seen a teammate kill himself and injure 2 others with a grenade in a Rainbow game before.
                    it does it a hell of alot in raven shield, they just run away quicker lol

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Woah, and I actually was considering buying this one. Thanks for the heads up, Mag. The animation on this game reminds me of Diablo (1).

And that AI. Wow. How can you release a game that behaves like that?

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Voice acting sucks too.

On a side note I laughed when I saw the guy break down the door, then throw the grenade into the wall. Then I realized it wasn't supposed to be funny.

When I played Raven Shield a lot I would just order my squad to stay behind. I'd take the guy with the biggest gun and do the levels myself. I got tired of the idiotic AI that I'd pick a squad and never use it. great review though. +rep

[volun][drill]
                        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Thank god I bought EAW instead of this. I still remember the day they released the demo. Thank god a SW demo was also released otherwise I would have been very disappointed.

I am alittle wary of GRAW. I hope its good. (Not hopeful.)

Also I hate to be OT but Tycho have you played Republic Commando?
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Republic Commando was awesome. I never had a problem with getting my squad mates to do things, well with the exception of the red guy (I can't remember his name) he used to ocassionally get stuck on a wall.

I'm in the mood to fire that game up again.

CUstom, where abouts in Paterson are you? I'm just down Rt. 23 in Highland Lakes about 30-40 minutes from Paterson (traffic depending).

[volun][drill]
                            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                              Also I hate to be OT but Tycho have you played Republic Commando?
                              Heck yes. That's where I got my signature/avatar. One of my favorite games.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X