another example... vid clip... R6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another example... vid clip... R6

I know I said I would stop now, lol, but I just had to share this one...

I was impressed that the R6 team stacked properly on this door, (all to the right instead on each side, due to the left side being a danger zone), but sure enough my impress-ness didn't last long.

http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/...%20example.wmv

You know, I wouldn't mind if someone shared these video links on the official PC Lockdown forum... I'd be interested to see what (if any) the response from a developer, programmer, or even a beta tester would be... or even the Fanboi's comments. ;)

But I don't post there, it's a zoo. ;)
    Last edited by Magnum50; 02-26-2006, 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: another example... vid clip... R6

Are you kidding me???

Dude, don't arm them with 'nades anymore. They obviously have not had enough training in how to use them. In fact, stop picking them as squad mates. Tell your CO's that you no longer want to work with a squad and do better by yourself.

That's just horrible. I like how you were shaking your head at the end too.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

I re-loaded and had them use flashbangs instead... blinded us all, guy walked out and shot us all. lol sad very sad.

I'd say 50% of the time that happens in game... I've never had to use quick save in a game before, but with this one I'm hitting F5 (quick save) at every door.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Maybe they'll make a patch that fixes the AI but screws up your command menu. Wouldn't that be neat?

This is why when ever I buy a squad based game, Republic Commando was the exception; I always leave my squad behind and go solo. Plus it always gives me extra lives, when I go down I just take one of the other squad mates. I did this with Ghost Recon.

[volun][drill]
        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Oh, man.. it hurts!

On this one, if you watch carefully, it almost looks like the AI is actually not to blame, sorta.

The door is 'open' (you can see the other side) but has not finished falling. If you watch the grenade's path, it clearly hits an obstacle where the door was (I suppose it could be your teammate's weapon). Rather than bouncing off, like a grenade would if it hit an object of that much speed, it just sorta dies. This, of course, results in the grenade landing at your boy's feet, owning yer team.

I get the impression that the people that developed physics, the people that developed AI, and the people who developed the maps didn't intermingle much during the making of this game :P. Edit: Actually, what AI? That enemy was looking directly AT you! <groan>

Squad based tactical FPS with teammate AI are infinitely frusterating to me. With the rare exception (HL2 does it nicely, IMO) I have never felt as though my AI team helps. In fact, most of the time they end up blocking my retreat/advance or worse yet KILL me directly!

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock
            Squad based tactical FPS with teammate AI are infinitely frusterating to me. With the rare exception (HL2 does it nicely, IMO) I have never felt as though my AI team helps. In fact, most of the time they end up blocking my retreat/advance or worse yet KILL me directly!
            ive always thought the call of duty series on the pc had good AI, well atleast your teammates, the enemys are kinda like shootin ducks at the fairground.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock
              Maybe this is why I've never gotten in to those sorts of games. I play the demos or the, ahem, "full featured" demos, and get frustrated because my computer buddies don't do what I expect em to do.. and end up being unimpressed and pursue the game further. Maybe online play in those sorts of games would be better.
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz
                Maybe they'll make a patch that fixes the AI but screws up your command menu. Wouldn't that be neat?

This is why when ever I buy a squad based game, Republic Commando was the exception; I always leave my squad behind and go solo. Plus it always gives me extra lives, when I go down I just take one of the other squad mates. I did this with Ghost Recon.
                Although I did let my guys have some autonomy in Ghost Recon, it took me a really long time to beat the game without any friendly casualties. It was slow going. I feel your pain.
                |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Wow - that was an eyeopener. For me, nothing can replace online play with good teammates.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                  |TG-2nd|munchkin
                  Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Xink
                    ive always thought the call of duty series on the pc had good AI, well atleast your teammates, the enemys are kinda like shootin ducks at the fairground.
                    Republic Commando also had good AI when it came to your team.

Although I did have to shiv an NPC last night (a Clone Trooper) to get him out of the way so I could walk past him. I felt bad for killing him but it was the only way to get around him. lol

Delta, I never even beat GR. I got so frustrated with the poor AI that I uninstalled it from my computer. I was maybe halfway through the game. Another tactical game that irritated me too was the Splinter Cell games. I used to fail missions because the game claimed I didn't hide the bodies. But if they were anymore hidden I would've dissolved them in battery acid. I'd find the darkest corners of rooms, shoot out all the lights and the enemy AI would somehow miraculously manage to find the boddies in a pitch black room in the corner. I never beat the first or second one because of that.

[volun][drill]
                    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

^^^^^E3 best have news of a Republic Commando sequel, KOTOR3, and a EAW expansion.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

See, I don't think RC needs a sequel. Mainly because it follows the story line of the movies very very closely as from my understanding Lucas had part in the game. It was left with the cliff-hanger because of Episode III.

[volun][drill]
                        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

^^^^Well how about a sequel in terms of gameplay. (Squad based shooter dealing with either Imperial Commandos or Rebel Commandos.)

Also if I recall Operation Flashpoint had some pretty good squad AI.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I haven't tried Republic Commando but it sure looks good. Is it a good single player game?

Comment

Its an excellent single player game. I've never tried multiplayer but the single player is awesome. The AI is done well. The levels are engaging and the banter between you and your squad mates is awesome.

I took the night off from BF2 (mainly because I dont' have SF yet) and spent a few hours playing RC.

I wish you had more commands but overall the ones they give you are superb.

I'd so take another squad based Star Wars game especially and Imperial (ANH, ESB and RoTJ eras) one.

[volun][drill]
                              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...