X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today at Network42....

Eek!

57 high /47 low and sunny here.

Still got a half inch of ice on the roads. Highways clear, just cant get out of the subdivision to get TO the highway :) .
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Hey Blind! Did you make it down to the keys?

My sibs are in Durham and have missed class and work all week. Poor things.

Comment

Hey Blind! Did you make it down to the keys?

you beat me to it.... How was FLA?

Comment

Warm and breezy, 70+ the days we were down :D . The locals were crying and wearing sweaters every morning as we wondered thru in shorts :D . Looking at docks my friend wanted to buy so he would have a place to retire on his boat to.

Real estate is nuts down there, but that for a different thread.
          "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Ahh thank god I didnt move to RI... that sucks.. Sunny and 80 here...

Comment

(this is a copy of a post i made on wednesday at another forum)

on the way to work today, around 4:55 it was raining slightly. by the time i had walked in, put my coat upstairs, and walked down to the front end the car park was full with 3inches of snow

we also had a thunder storm!!!!!!:?:

by the time i got home most of it has melted/been compacted. Roads that HAD been gritted/salted are totaly covered in a layer of compressed snow and its now turning to ice. My road is a dead end road so doesnt get gritted/salted and it is probably better than the main road because the snow hasnt melted and turned into ice (yet)

New pictures @ 10pm URL to old ones from 11am this morning

Same angle 11 hours earlier

Same angle 11 hours earlier

Aparently, the idea of a UK "big freeze" is 0c i mean you guys have this every year and dont have problems with it so why the hell does England close down?

/me waits for anti limey posts ;)
              From Adam Webb

Comment

You call that snow? Wtf is that? You pansy.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
                  yes i call that snow

but

its nothing compared to other countries, yet most of these dumb English rush out to by a months worth of food due to "the big chill" which turned out to be -1c (-15c wind chill). BIG DEAL...-1c is nothing. Scotland doesnt have issues with -10c everyyear.

not to mention no one can drive in the snow because they still stick to the speed "target" err limit
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                    Originally posted by NothingMore.
                    yes i call that snow

but

its nothing compared to other countries, yet most of these dumb English rush out to by a months worth of food due to "the big chill" which turned out to be -1c (-15c wind chill). BIG DEAL...-1c is nothing. Scotland doesnt have issues with -10c everyyear.

not to mention no one can drive in the snow because they still stick to the speed "target" err limit
                    Lmao, I remember my english teacher a while back was british, and he asked me for a "rubber" I was like "What? Uh... Do you mean the same thing i think you mean?" Heh, Speed "target" sorta reminded me of that, Just sorta funny the difference between the two languages. If your friends over there saw my yard, and the roads over here after a good snow, snow would give you nightmares =P. There's these concrete polls here by my garage, so when you pull in you don't hit the support beam to the porch (I live in a town house). Well, Every single one of those concrete polls which are only about 3 feet high, are covered with ice, the whole thing is ice. You can't tell it's a poll anymore, It just looks like a big stalagmite/tite (can't remember which ones grow up from the floor) of ice. This happens because the water from the snow melting on the wooden porch (the sun hits the porch in the morning, so it melts, even though the temperature outside generaly is still cold enough to freeze water) drips down onto the concrete protector things, and eventualy turns it into a pointed poll.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X