EFA Type 61 Main Battle Tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFA Type 61 Main Battle Tank

Since I am one again close to winning the One Year War in my Gundam strategy game. I figured it would be cool to put up some pictures of the weapons that helped me win. I will start off with the more conventional armament of the Earth Federation Army, Navy, Air Force, and Space Forces.

This is the main Earth Federation tank. It features dual 150mm cannons, a .50 cal machine gun, and eight smoke dispensors.

This is the FF-6 TIN Cod. Its primarily an air to air fighter and is one of the main air craft of the EFAF. It is armed with 4 25mm cannons and several air to air missles.

This is the FF-S3 Saberfish. Its the other primary air to air fighter of the EFAF. It is also a spacefighter and is used extensively until the deployment of the EF's own mobile suits. It is armed with four 25mm cannons and six missle launchers.

This is the Don Escargot ASW plane. It has 4 anti air machine guns and several AS bombs and missles.

This is the Fly Manta an air to air/air to ground fighter. It is armed two 25mm cannons, two 3 tube missle launchers and bombs.
    Last edited by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom; 03-09-2006, 10:10 PM.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: EFA Type 61 Main Battle Tank

I got into Gundam Seed. I have DVDs 1-5 but haven't bought any new ones recently. Those DVDs are frickin' expensive $30 a pop for one.

I still don't know what all of the vehicles are but a lot of what you just posted is recognizable from the cartoon.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

^^^^^Yes that is a major problem with anime on DVD. Its really expensive. The only thing I can recommend is best buy or amazon. Ebay also works as well.

I find it odd that you recognize some of these weapons. The Gundam timeline that deals with the One Year War and the Gundam SEED timeline are different.

For example while in Gundam SEED the Earth Alliance is just a military alliance between some of the most powerful nations on Earth the Earth Federation is a one world government.

However they do have some similiarities. Aside from having the Earth in their title and having their main enemy (only for the Federation) being a group of space colonies. Both of them have underground military bases as their headquaters that both enemies are desperate to destroy. (The Zeons are so desperate to destroy Jaburo, EF military HQ, that they reinforce a colony with some added armor and attach some engines to bring it down to Earth.)

Another similarity is that the Earth Allaince as well as the Federation were considered by many to have a quick victory over their enemies. Both sides are numerically superior to the militaries they face. Also both are caught totally off guard by mobile suits and spend most of their wars fighting off MSs with conventional airplanes, tanks, space fighters, spaceships, and naval ships.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

I do not reccomend Best Buy.

The quality is exactly the same. The DVDs? Exactly the same, totally unedited, no difference. Acting's the same. Returns are the same.

But the company to the industry, is totally different. When you go to Suncoast (is that even still around? Or have they bought it up...), and spend 30 bucks on a couple hours of anime plus all the features, it may seem like getting a 100% ABSOLUTELY identicle product for 15-20 dollars (HALF the price) from Best Buy or Walmart is a good thing to do.. but it hurts the industry, because these places are getting a piece of that industry, and they refuse to stock products that the main consumers desire.

Now, I'll go on to explain, in the morning, if someone wants me to. Right now I'm really tired and I just want to make it clear that I don't condone buying at those places unless you REALLY don't have the money to take your business elsewhere. Hopefully my fellow anime fans will read this and agree, or disagree and I can strike up a nice little conversation :icon26:

Comment

^^^^^Please explain.

Suncoast is still around. Best Buy bought media play (overall company of Suncoast, Sam Goody, etc) but let them go after awhile.

I do agree though. I am not a fan of Best Buy. (Used to work there) Not my kind of place. Some of the people are cool and all but generally speaking I was basically robbing people. I rather not discuss my time there though.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
            ^^^^^Yes that is a major problem with anime on DVD. Its really expensive. The only thing I can recommend is best buy or amazon. Ebay also works as well.

I find it odd that you recognize some of these weapons. The Gundam timeline that deals with the One Year War and the Gundam SEED timeline are different.

For example while in Gundam SEED the Earth Alliance is just a military alliance between some of the most powerful nations on Earth the Earth Federation is a one world government.

However they do have some similiarities. Aside from having the Earth in their title and having their main enemy (only for the Federation) being a group of space colonies. Both of them have underground military bases as their headquaters that both enemies are desperate to destroy. (The Zeons are so desperate to destroy Jaburo, EF military HQ, that they reinforce a colony with some added armor and attach some engines to bring it down to Earth.)

Another similarity is that the Earth Allaince as well as the Federation were considered by many to have a quick victory over their enemies. Both sides are numerically superior to the militaries they face. Also both are caught totally off guard by mobile suits and spend most of their wars fighting off MSs with conventional airplanes, tanks, space fighters, spaceships, and naval ships.
            When did the St. Valentine Massacre happen? Wasn't that almost directly after the One Year War? I could've sworn one of the guys from the Earth Forces had a ship like that.

I do admit its been a while since I've watched my 5 DVDs and I think its about high time I do so. I'll probably pop them in today.

I recognize some of them because of Gundam Seed but they may not be from Gundam Seed. I used to watch Gundam too but liked Seed better. Although I still have problems following whats going on because they throw so much information at you all at once.

Also, speaking of the One Year War I thought the Gundam Seed Movie (the one just before Gundam Seed Vol. 1; which I still have not picked up) revolved around both the One Year War and the St. Valentines Massacre? I could be off base though and you seem to have a better handle on it than I do. So, please, clarify it for me since I'd like to learn and catch up.

[volun][drill]
            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds.../timeline.html

According to the Cosmic Era timeline the Bloody Valentine takes place on Febuary 2, CE 70.

The One Year War takes place in the year Universal Century 0079.

Basically there are two different timelines.

There are more actaully. The Future Century for G Gundam. Gundam Wing takes place in the After Colony timeline. Gundam X is in the After War timeline. Turn A Gundam takes place in the Correct Century timeline. (Turn A is a very weird show basically it tries to link all of the Gundam sages together.)

http://ultimatemark.com/gundam/timeline.php

This is a timeline of the Universal Century. It only goes up to Zeta Gundam.

http://www.dyarstraights.com/msgundam/timeline.html

Another UC timeline this one is more complete. It contains events all the way up to UC 0153. It also contains a timeline for Turn A Gundam.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Buying from a place like Best Buy or Wal-mart hurts the industry because the low prices you pay do not reflect the cost on the industry of producing the product. Let's say you buy a videogame from EB Games. You pay $50, which is what the publisher has determined the game should cost, and that gets broken up and some of that goes to the developers. Now Wal-mart comes along and it says it wants the game to cost $30. Wal-mart is GIANT. You CANNOT say no, or else you lose a huge percentage of sales. So you sell the game for $30 at Wal-mart. The problem is, $30 isn't enough. The industry can't survive if everyone buys their games for $30. So they have to cut corners. Maybe they increase the price at places like EB Games, maybe they only make games that they're sure will be big hits (stifles innovation) or maybe they cut development times in half and rush games out before they're done.

Same thing with your Gundam DVDs or whatever.

Comment

Damn. Thats a lot to absorb. I really only recently got into the Gundam series, maybe a year ago when Seed was on the Cartoon Network just before Adult Swim came on. I was intrigued by it and started watching it religiously although I missed a whole bunch of episodes. Thats when I started buying the DVDs because I liked it so much.

I had no idea it was that in depth. Thanks for the links. I've got a lot of reading to do.

+rep.

[volun][drill]
                  I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                    Buying from a place like Best Buy or Wal-mart hurts the industry because the low prices you pay do not reflect the cost on the industry of producing the product. Let's say you buy a videogame from EB Games. You pay $50, which is what the publisher has determined the game should cost, and that gets broken up and some of that goes to the developers. Now Wal-mart comes along and it says it wants the game to cost $30. Wal-mart is GIANT. You CANNOT say no, or else you lose a huge percentage of sales. So you sell the game for $30 at Wal-mart. The problem is, $30 isn't enough. The industry can't survive if everyone buys their games for $30. So they have to cut corners. Maybe they increase the price at places like EB Games, maybe they only make games that they're sure will be big hits (stifles innovation) or maybe they cut development times in half and rush games out before they're done.

Same thing with your Gundam DVDs or whatever.
                    EEEEXACTLY! And that's not the only thing!

To quote Greg Ayres (Awesome guy, met him at Anime Express on Saturday), "A company that may or may not be Best Buy may or may not have conducted studies that believe animes with the word "Princess" in them don't sell as well, and refuse to stock them."

So it's really not only the industry being hurt but it's us not getting what we want. I believe I'm secure enough with myself to own a pink box, or an anime that isn't about brutally mutilating little kids and animals and stuff. I don't have to be a big badass.

With that said, that means that these companys can simply refuse to stock what we want because they don't think it hits their target audience, and when the smaller companies that aren't afraid of a couple lost sales for Full Metal Panic because Vampire Princess Miyu is there, go out of business, we're stuck with huge corporations that stock nothing, or buying at OBSCENE prices, or the industry might just falter and die.

Like, Walmart refuses to stock Gantz because there's a little ass going on on one of the cases, not even considering the fact that the series is incredibly graphic. But they do stock the box set in slimpack, which is even more graphic-bang for your buck, just because there isn't anything showing on the box. Not the quality of the product, but the people they want to attract, are what's influencing what they carry.

Comment

^^^^^^Further proof that I need a Gundam.

Edit:What about amazon?
                      Last edited by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom; 03-20-2006, 06:14 PM.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Some more weapons.

This is a Magellan class battleship. It is armed with seven double barreled beam cannons, several anti-air machine guns, and four missile launchers. It couldn't hold mobile suits at first but a refitted model does allow it to carry mobile suits. It is usually the ships of fleet commanders and is the most heavily armed ship in the EFSF fleet. Unfortunately the game doesn't show that.

The Salamis class crusier is the mainstay of the EFSF fleets. It is armed with six beam cannons, eight missile launchers, two six tube launchers, and six anti-aircraft guns. It also can't carry MS until a refitted model.

The Big Tray land battleship is usually a command ship. Its main function is to support EFA Type 61 tanks. Its armed with two main cannons and three triple-barrel cannons.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Amazon stocks other shows. It's like I said, these bigger consumers only stock what sells to the full on mainstream, which for the most part is crappy violent anime or something everyone has and has seen.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                            Some more weapons.

This is a Magellan class battleship. It is armed with seven double barreled beam cannons, several anti-air machine guns, and four missile launchers. It couldn't hold mobile suits at first but a refitted model does allow it to carry mobile suits. It is usually the ships of fleet commanders and is the most heavily armed ship in the EFSF fleet. Unfortunately the game doesn't show that.
                            Now this ship I recognize as its in Gundam Seed. First episode, I think it may have been destroyed in the attacks on Heliopolis. Or am I still confused. The Archangel looks exactly like the Magellan with the exception that the Archangel is outfitted to carry and launch Mobile Suits. So, am I right in thinking that the Archangel is a modified Magellan? Or still off base?

But I am confused. If the Bloody Valentine occured in the year 70. Was what happened during Gundam Seed part of the Bloody Valentine or is a different new war? If it is new, what war is it?

Also, why didn't the Earth Forces have Mobile Suits and Zaft and the Federation did? I also don't understand why the Earth forces were so ill prepared to fight a war until Kira showed up.

Another question, what is that ship LeFlaga (sp?) flys? Oh yeah, one more, if Kira and Athron were/are the same age why isn't Kira on the side of Zaft? Why exactly was he with the Earth Forces?
                            Last edited by ChIck3nL3gz; 03-20-2006, 09:57 PM.

[volun][drill]
                            I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Wasn't the Magellan a signature ship used by someone in the 0079 series

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X