Hail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail

Our forecast was for some thunderstorms and potentially heavy rain. For about 5 minutes we got the biggest hail I've ever seen in my life. Pictures attached...

Re: Hail

Holy crap....hate to have that come down on my head (or worse, my car!)
    |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

HOLY cow!...thats when you go outside with helmet on and a baseball bat...run aroud a bit
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Phoenix finally broke 143 straight days with no rain with snow that actually fell in the Phoenix metro area! it's all gone now but that was pretty crazy
        sigpic

Comment

Nice! I experienced hail like that once when I was in Winnipeg. It was a hot and humid summer day and I was out walking with my baby girl when it suddenly became obvious that a storm was about to hit. I sensed that it was going to be a pretty serious storm and ran back to the cottage. Seconds later, the hail started pounding down. The sound of it was unbelievable. It lasted about 5-10 minutes, then the sun came back out.

I was glad that I had decided to run.

I think I have it on video somewhere in my tapes. :)
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

that is some serious hail man. you have a garage, i hope?

i dont have any pics but im shure most of you have seen the news and all the flooding thats happening here in the midwest? well lets just say a friend of mine has lakefront property now :)

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE
              that is some serious hail man. you have a garage, i hope?
              Single car, yes, but we have two vehicles. :(

I thought my car got through it with a couple of minor dents but then I noticed the arch in the windshield. Looking closer it appears a single piece of hail hit and then it cracked in an arch around the impact point. Good thing is my comprehensive deductible is only $100.

Comment

Originally posted by xRANSACKx
                Holy crap....hate to have that come down on my head (or worse, my car!)
                Always good to have your priorities straight :D

I'm in Minneapolis, and we're snowed in today .... plows aren't keeping up with it, and fun stuff's happening in the streets. Interestingly, it was 50 degrees nearly all last week....

Hope it clears up for next weekend, I have a flight to catch :O

Me: |

Comment

Boy that's some serious hail. Not a good time to be out taking a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
                    Phoenix finally broke 143 straight days with no rain with snow that actually fell in the Phoenix metro area! it's all gone now but that was pretty crazy
                    Finally we got rain. We need a whole more. The mountains to the north looked nice with snow on them.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

We were seeing snow in the San Francisco area down to 1000 feet last week. A lot of locals have never been in snow so we had a few traffic snafus as cars went sliding into each other. I work at an office just above sea level (Point Richmond, on the east side of the San Rafael bridge) and hail the size of small gravel was coming down Friday evening.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Heh, here in Fairfax(10 MI outside of DC) we were in the 80's for temprature. :)

I have to say, that is some big ass hail.....wow....
                        War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X