Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started to do some photoshopping

Hi,

Just a small thing i made in Photoshop from a picture I made in Thailand.
    Hope you like it and comments are welcome.

P.S. if there someone who know how to turn of 'gridmovement' in PS please let me know.

Marco
    Pommetje

Re: Started to do some photoshopping

Pretty. +rep for giving me my daily dose of art. ;)
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Dunno what you mean by "grid movement" but you could always just make the grid squares smaller and that would give you more accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
        Dunno what you mean by "grid movement" but you could always just make the grid squares smaller and that would give you more accuracy.
        Think were talking about the same thing here, i have found that option and it looks like its working now. But there seems to be a 'magnetic'grid near the edge and at the corners that still bothers me, any way i can turn it off? (not been able to find it in the section Guides/grid/slices.

Thanks,

Marco
        Pommetje

Comment

I'll through a "SELECTIVE COLOR" shot into the mix ... :D

http://www.pbase.com/ssp/image/49047421

|TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
          [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Pommetje
            Think were talking about the same thing here, i have found that option and it looks like its working now. But there seems to be a 'magnetic'grid near the edge and at the corners that still bothers me, any way i can turn it off? (not been able to find it in the section Guides/grid/slices.

Thanks,

Marco
            view/snap to disable

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Tried some 'Selective colour' like you mentioned. Still have a lot to learn on this awesome program but i like it very much so far.

Thanks for the tips. :icon14:
              Pommetje

Comment

selective color by photoshop: http://www.pbase.com/mattywalsh/image/5423611/medium

selective color naturally: http://www.pbase.com/mattywalsh/image/5423617

Comment

Wow...very striking contrasts. Well done.

As stated above, I think you are referring to the Snap feature in PS. If you don't want to disable it completely, you can also click on View-->Snap To and then uncheck the things you don't want to Snap to. Personally, I leave Snap to guides turned on and that's it.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.
                    Just bought myself a EOS 350d, now im not (yet) into this photo making business or photoshopping very much (though reading and trying a lot at the moment), but I did make a couple of cool shots (IMHO).
                    So please see for yourself and comments are welcome.

Pommetje

Comment

Are you looking for artistic commentary or technical? Technically it looks very nice; it looks like you even got the bricks between the purple spraypaint to be black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                        Are you looking for artistic commentary or technical? Technically it looks very nice; it looks like you even got the bricks between the purple spraypaint to be black and white.
                        Any comment would be good as im just starting. So all help would be welcome. Some artistical comment I already received was: tilt the camera a bit down towards the street so the composition would not be completely on the wall. And the contrast of the second one should be a bit higher. Also my mate said that the picture would be more interesting when the boat had a bit more rust.....could photoshop that in or wait some years. ;-)

Did not notice the detail of the black/white masonary, checked the original colourphoto and it appeared that the stuff inbetween the stones (whats the english word for it?) is very white itself, hence the lack of colour in the black and white version.

thx.
                        Pommetje

Comment

Stuff between bricks is mortar.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                            Stuff between bricks is mortar.

Lmao. thats the "technical" answer :row__536:

Comment

some very nice images there, id say all you need to tweak is the compostion as already stated, also think about the colour balance across the image also, its important to establish good placement of elements as much as it is to balance and counter-balance the colours in each image, for example your image of the boat could really do with a hint of colour to the bottom right of the image to counter the heavy presence at the top.

edit: just realised your intent was to show the reds though so i guess my comment doesnt really apply to that as much

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X