Concealed carry graphic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed carry graphic

I found this extremely interesting and felt the need to share. Feel free to start a discussion about it in the Sandbox if you want...

Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Concealed carry graphic

Can you give a short explanation for lazy and uneducated folks like me? I have no idea what "Shall-issue" means, for example.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
      Can you give a short explanation for lazy and uneducated folks like me? I have no idea what "Shall-issue" means, for example.
      Shall issue means that the issuing authority has no discretion on whether or not to give you a permit. If you pass all neccessary backgrounds checks, they "must issue" you a concealed carry permit.

May issue means that the issuing authority can decide whether or not to issue you a permit regardless of how clean your record is. Is the authority anti-gun? Then you are probably screwed. In MA it's up to the police chief in each town. Some towns are very easy to get, others (like Boston) are nearly impossible.

Comment

Concealed weapons in boston won't turn out pretty, if thats what these permits mean and I understand you correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
          Concealed weapons in boston won't turn out pretty, if thats what these permits mean and I understand you correctly.
          Won't turn out pretty? I bring mine with me everytime I go into Boston. I know lots of people who do. "We" are not the problem, it's the good residents of Dorchester that are the problem ;)

Comment

Lol, its the people in Weston that are the problem ;).

Comment

You dont have to worry about us "good, law abiding, legal conceled carriers". Its the criminals that need to look out for us.

Ah, good old Indiana, always has, always will.

Comment

seriously as soon as im back in ohio, im signing up for some classes and getting my permit, now is a .44 magnum consider uncarryable?
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Why couldn't you carry a .44 Magnum? Their isn't a size limit that I have ever seen, just so the gun is concealed and legal. I'm getting a Glock 30 to carry because the 1911 I had just didn't feel right for some reason.

Comment

One more Q. What about concealed vs not concealed? Logic tells me it should be easier to get permission to openly carry a handgun, like in a holster, since everyone knows you've got it. I'm guessing that reality doesn't follow my logic for a different reason.

Only hunters and sport shooters have guns where I live. In the city, there are probably a handful of criminals who have them, but you don't hear about it very often.
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

You can't openly carry a handgun unless you get a liscense. I think it has to be for work purposes. You will get arrested in PA if you carry a handgun unconcealed and you dont have the proper liscense, it is probably a felony so you will probably lose the right to own any gun at all.

Comment

Yeah im looking at either a baby-eagle .45 or walther 99 .40
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                          Why couldn't you carry a .44 Magnum? Their isn't a size limit that I have ever seen, just so the gun is concealed and legal. I'm getting a Glock 30 to carry because the 1911 I had just didn't feel right for some reason.
                          I've been carrying a Glock 30 for 5 years....wouldn't trade it for anything ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                            You can't openly carry a handgun unless you get a liscense. I think it has to be for work purposes. You will get arrested in PA if you carry a handgun unconcealed and you dont have the proper liscense, it is probably a felony so you will probably lose the right to own any gun at all.
                            Some states do allow open carry. I know AZ is one of those states, but I don't know all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                              I've been carrying a Glock 30 for 5 years....wouldn't trade it for anything ;)
                              I know a lot of officers around my area and most of them carry a Glock 30. Some as a backup around their ankle and some as their primary.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X