• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Jets

These top images were all taken by friends/me at edwards AFB in oct 05'

These two below were obviously not taken by me: cred: NASA/USAF:

Re: Military Jets

Awesome pictures. The top one's my favorite. It would be my desktop right now but there's some color fuzziness or something. Oh well :D

Comment

I had to put up with that damn B2 stealth bomber when I was at Whiteman AFB, It is the most overrated piece of Crap in the Air Force Arsenal. It required special attention to the runway and all that nonsense. I had the pleasure of witnessing on of the tires catching on fire on landing(got to hot) and seeing the LAZY AF Fire Fighters doing something. Then I had to sweep all the rubber and crap off the runway, It took me several hours going up and down the damn runway to clear it up, But it was mission essential for OEF and OIF, so the way I see it I did my part in the War.
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I see no A-10 Thunderbolts. Don't post again until you have some pictures of it. ;)

I still love the way the SR-71 Blackbird looks too.

[volun][drill]
        I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

There were no A-10s at Edwards AFB, however in 2004 at my small airport where we keep our planes a demonstration team of A-10s came (I was standing pretty damn close to them while they were getting started, they were literally 20 yards from our hanger), I took all of these photos:

I also have some pretty cool videos, (low-res via camera) if you want em over e-mail or something, I don't wanna take the time to put em on video.google. Also I got higher-res of all of these (3000x something)

Well I'll put this video up for a few days:
          http://www.rubicite.com/MVI_1091.AVI

Comment

What always amazes me is how small the planes actually are when you get really close to them.

I stood in the hangar with my head up inside an F117a Stealth's internal bay, and have caressed the SR71 more than any one person probably should and they both seemed incredibly small to me.
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I love that bird. It might be one of the ugliest planes in the military's line-up but it is the scariest thing to hit a battlefield. I would kill to actually get to fly in one and fire the 30mm Avenger cannon at least once in my life. It is by far my most favorite plane next to the Mustang. Its like a flying tank. Anytime I see anything on the History Channel or Military channel about it I make it a point to watch.

Can you email me the highres pics so I can make them my background?
              Originally posted by Eggplant999
              There were no A-10s at Edwards AFB, however in 2004 at my small airport where we keep our planes a demonstration team of A-10s came (I was standing pretty damn close to them while they were getting started, they were literally 20 yards from our hanger), I took all of these photos:

[volun][drill]
              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIck3nL3gz
                I love that bird. It might be one of the ugliest planes in the military's line-up but it is the scariest thing to hit a battlefield.
                Heh... They are scary. Almost scared the crap out of me when some came out to train at Camp Pendleton. I was literally sleeping under a tree out in the middle of nowhere next to the radio that I was there to fix if it broke. All of a sudden, I was covered with dirt and rocks and the loudest noise I'd ever heard (it seemed) was pounding me from above. I never saw what it was... Seconds later, the next one came along the same path. They must've only been flying about 40 feet off the ground and they were hauling ass. Later on, we headed over a hill and watched 'em unleash their nose cannons on some broken down trucks. QUITE impressive.

I can only imagine how scary they might be on the battlefield if you're not wearing a US uniform or one of our allies'.

I still wonder if they saw me sleeping and did that on purpose, or if it was just a coincidence...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Its just amazing to watch how much firepower they can pack onto those things.

Comment

Video to share: http://www.wimp.com/thunder/
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      I can only imagine how scary they might be on the battlefield if you're not wearing a US uniform or one of our allies'.
                      Check this out:
                      http://www.dynamictruth.com/ubb/ulti.../t/004672.html

It's an Air Force forum, and there's a fairly extensive discussion on the use of military jets in PSYOPS....by buzzing enemy encampments.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                      |TG-2nd|munchkin
                      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse