GRAW demo shots with comments...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAW demo shots with comments...

Welcome back my friends to another episode of...does it suck or not?
    Your host for todays event is none other then Magnum.... (applause)...

Magnum: Ok, Ok, settle down folks, settle down...(more applause)...
    Ok, Ok, I said settle down... Hey! STFU people!

Thank you... ok, with my limited time with the just released GRAW PC demo, I've co med to share with you screens and comments, all comments are IMO only, and could be totally wrong...

I won't take you through the whole mission, because I don't want to ruin it, this is just the first 15 minutes or so of the campaign... along with set up screens etc ect...

This in NO WAY constitutes a review, just first impressions...
    (BTW, in case you don't want to read my crap, you can just check out the pics here:
    http://www.magnumland.com/screenshots.htm)

We will start the show with some set up screens, for the geeks out there...

Now a small screen by screen tutorial featured in game...

and the deployment begins:

Thanks for the ride, glad we didn't have to walk through this HUGH city...

You have the controls Captain:

Fast Rope... hope I wore gloves and a cup... heat builds up quick...

Come on boyz, don't be scared... FOLLOW ME...

Sure is yellow... is Mexico city really that yellow?

HAHA, bet you 360 boyz wish you had this tactical map, nicely done I might add to...

Ghost moved to where I designated on the tactical map, sweet...

Magnum's first kill, did his round go high, or what?

Magnum's second kill, can I get a HooAH!

Sending the team ahead on screen with the middle mouse button...

Thx for the diamond, otherwise i would of never known, lol, luckily it can be turned off...

I ordered the team to where 2 is, why did three go long, this ain't football... needless to say, he took fire and died shortly later...

This screenshot so reminds me of the original Ghost Recon, same animation...sweet...

Oh, I was wrong he lived last time, I order the team to that building corner, to the right, they went in front and took fire, one ghost went down...

Ok, after one ghost went down, guess this guy decided to follow my order, and moved back to the corner where I wanted him in the first place...

I go down and the mission is over, guess in the future Army, the mission doesn't continue if the leader goes down... So you bad guys of the future, remember to kill the leader...

OK, and the usual end of demo screens advertising there features...

There you go boyz and girlz... still too early to tell but the graphics and sounds are nice, weapons are nice, the combat is nice, the AI is still up in the air, not as bad as Lockdown so far, but not as good as GR1... IMO...

See you on the battlefields.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: GRAW demo shots with comments...

Nice first impression Magnum.
    Did you have any issues with the mouse pointer?
    I found when i went prone, the scopes movement got restricted...Not sure if this was tring to make the action more real life or if it was buggy??

Comment

Sickness. That looks so good. I love how a game finially incorperated the multiple move commands so you could lay out a path.

Comment

Mag what are your specs?
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Dell XPS Gen 4
          P4-3.7 Mhz
          2 gigs of DDR2 RAM
          Raedon 850 XT w/256 RAM
          Soundblaster Audity

Win XP Media Center
          Run all on full blast with 1024x768x32 w/ 4x AA
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Ok, I officially hate Magnum. He's at home, gaming, posting screenies of the Demo to tease me while I am at work.

I keed.

Comment

Curse you Magnum, with your high specs and high settings.

48% of the demo downloaded...

Edit: 49%

Comment

hehe... but I work in the evening and nights... so i may get first dips on stuff... but at least you have friends at night to game with. ;)

Just got called out for a drug search, you jinxed me Mateo!
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Mag negative on the 4xAA. It can't be done with HDR on at the same time. Hopefully this gets an ATI patch soon for X1k users.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

i noticed that it doesnt look too good "anti aliased" at all. is that an ATI error?
                    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf
                      i noticed that it doesnt look too good "anti aliased" at all. is that an ATI error?
                      It actually is pretty anti-aliased, since at 1024x768 there aren't a lot of pixels to play with.

Edit: or it's not anti-aliased and Mag was wrong.

Comment

Its not AA. My card doesn't even do it. The X1xxx series of ATI cards can do it if the game supports it. No game does though.

However there is hope since Oblivion would do the same thing if you had HDR on but a patch was released by ATI that got AA to work with HDR on.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

If you go into advance graphic mode, you will see the setting for AA, I have mine set for 4xAA, now if it's really working, I don't know... but I don't see any zaggys, or at least too many, like other games that don't support it.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

That's probably AF (Anisotropic Filtering) at 4x and not AA.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X