Looking for middle east urban area photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for middle east urban area photos

I know at least a few TG BF2 players here have been to Iraq and I was wondering if anyone had pictures of urban middle eastern areas (Baghdad etc). I'm trying to gather some reference pictures for a TacMod map but google has failed me, so far anyway. "Overview" type pictures or "street" pictures would be what I'm looking for the most, I'm trying to learn how real middle eastern urban areas are setup. Pictures similar to this: http://www.cpt.org/albums/album125/0...er_Baghdad.jpg but even "closer".

If you don't have hosting try http://www.imagevenue.com

Thanks.

Re: Looking for middle east urban area photos

Getty is a good place for some fantastic Iraq photos: http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...e=0&pg=1&am=-1
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've been to several middle eastern cities and I'll concur with CingDual's recommendation of Getty. They have an excellent archive of photos and free for browsing as long as you don't intend to purchase (don't, there expensive!) You can type "Baghdad Street", "Riyadh...", "Kuwait..." and get hundreds of photos.

I hate to admit it, but the stock buildings in the MEC based maps are pretty good representations of what you find in almost any middle eastern city. The only thing missing are good housing models. Almost all of the homes seem to be apartments in BF2. There are usually large swaths of one story small stone-brick homes with man-high walls in major residential neighborhoods. Check out this link from westwrite.com for an example (This photo is from the book "The March Up", an excellent book about the USMC march on Baghdad in 2003. Lots of good discussion of strategy, tactics; infantry/support/armor working together...)
      LoyalGuard

Comment

This might help. www.iranpix.com
        I haven't sorted through them all but there might be something to help you.

On a political board I frequent (thus keeping gaming and political disccussion successfully seperate), we had a thread about how people who have never traveled to Iran picture it.

This site came up as a reference.
        Last edited by CingularDuality; 05-08-2006, 01:20 PM. Reason: The link filter is to keep spammers away...

Comment

I found some good stuff here: http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...raq/index.html

Look under "Urban"/"Baghdad". I particularly like the Mosque under construction in Baghdad and the one with smoke behind it.

You can also get some interesting overhead views just by scanning around Baghdad with Google Earth.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Those are great, the map I'm planning is going to have a big "plaza" type of place with a mosque in the middle of the map as a chokepoint with tons of cover.

Comment

I am travelling to Israel the next two weeks. While I hope to avoid any conflict there, I will take my camera and could take some pictures for your map...

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                I know at least a few TG BF2 players here have been to Iraq and I was wondering if anyone had pictures of urban middle eastern areas (Baghdad etc). I'm trying to gather some reference pictures for a TacMod map but google has failed me, so far anyway. "Overview" type pictures or "street" pictures would be what I'm looking for the most, I'm trying to learn how real middle eastern urban areas are setup. Pictures similar to this: http://www.cpt.org/albums/album125/0...er_Baghdad.jpg but even "closer".

If you don't have hosting try http://www.imagevenue.com

Thanks.
                The pics look just like Karkand, it's so foggy, (improves frame rate by cutting draw distance)

Ed

[cross][conduct]
                Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Originally posted by ed_chiang11
                  The pics look just like Karkand, it's so foggy, (improves frame rate by cutting draw distance)

Ed
                  Dusty, not foggy...

And moved to appropriate forum for a better response...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
                    I am travelling to Israel the next two weeks. While I hope to avoid any conflict there, I will take my camera and could take some pictures for your map...
                    Urban Israel really doesn't look like urban Iraq, though. Jerusalem might yield some good stuff.

Good luck with airport security on your way home. ;)
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X