SWAT stacks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT stacks...

It's always hard to get good action shots of SWAT, because once the order has been made to enter a room/area... the team is suppose to be lighting fast and covering there assigned areas... but theres plenty of time to snap shots of us standing area deciding what were going to do, and stacking up for a entery... some proper, some not...

Stack left... we get so many players now, even the element leader (Turbo in front of me) gets his own partner... but don't complain, real SWAT teams are 8 to 10 big, so learn to work with it... that means NO ONE SHOULD EVER BE ALONE!

Here's us planning for an entry...
    "Who's number 1", "no I'm number 3, your number 4", "your number 3 I thought I was". lol
    Amazing how a bunch of SWAT officers can't count to 8.

Yep, all that planning, all these guys and a officer still goes down!

Improper stack... the fatal tunnel (doorway) is right in front of the officer on the right side, should be a stack left...

A proper stack right...

This is what it looks like when entering from a stack right, right behind each other so your not both trying to fit into a door space at one time... then you enter and break off to your assigned area of coverage...

and why is she hiding in the TV?

Bad stack, danger area is to the left, so all should stack right...

There we go, thats better.. Element leaders need to simply say, stack left, stack right, basic stack... then everyone else should know where to stack...

Proper stack to enter room from stairwell, there is a 2 man team up to the left (out of shot of the opening door) covering top side...

There you go, learn by pictures folks... they do it on Sesame Street! ;)

oh, and Trooper died ALOT!
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: SWAT stacks...

I die alot cuase im always #1...always. I figure if i can enter quickly and get things controld it makes it easier on the rest of the squad.

I do see alot of improvement each week though, we seem to move into a room and the element members know what roles to take and how the cover.

Control = all suspects down, clip empty
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Nice pics, Magnum!

This is a scenario I'm still not sure about, and I'll explain why:

Originally posted by Magnum50
      Improper stack... the fatal tunnel (doorway) is right in front of the officer on the right side, should be a stack left...
      Tybalt is Officer #1, and he's mirroring under the door. I'm Officer #2 (his partner), so I'm covering him -- that's me on the right. I know I'm in the Fatal Funnel here, but I'm not sure how else to properly provide cover for my partner while he's mirroring. If that door opens while he's setting up to mirror it, he's probably toast. I figure if I cover the Fatal Funnel while he's mirroring, I have a good chance to protect him during this time. I always switch back over to the other side and join the stack after he's done mirroring.

So if I'm covering my buddy in this scenario while he mirrors, what's the right way to do it? Do I leave him uncovered while he mirrors?

Comment

Im in the same boat strag. When my partner is mirroring i always cover the left, for the exact same reason as you. His eyes are not on the door and if someone does come thru im going to light him up as it is, i dont want my partner to have to think about if he is safe, he has a job to mirror and i have a job to make sure he is able to do so.

Any thoughts magnum
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

When someone mirrors I stand right behind them with my gun right up to the door.

Comment

The back up officer should still be in a safe location...

1. If I'm a bad guy and I see your shadow or your little camera coming through, or I hear you and know your there... I'm going to put about 4 shotgun blast into that door... so instead of one officer down, we have 2 down, (thou you may not die IRL, you may still be "down"...

So the back up officer should always be left or right out of doorway... if someone opens the door, officer one should no to immediately dis engage and back up out of the way... IRL 2 would then butt stroke the MF and put him on the ground, in SWAT 4... you either shoot or taze depending on the threat.

If you stand immediately behind officer 1, you pretty much block him to his death if shot gun rounds start coming through.

IRL, if an officer is getting shot at through the door, he jumps out of the way and officer 2 sprays the door hoping to stop the assualt... of course hoping not to kill any hostage either.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Magnum. That makes sense to me. The covering partner should cover on the side opposite the Fatal Funnel.

Comment

Nice show and tell!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse