Foundation art final (W.I.P.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation art final (W.I.P.)

jus some screens of a huge print ive been creating for my final course assessment, its all hand drawn in photoshop using my trusty wacom and alot of the pen tool.

still much to do but ive started adding the colour

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Re: Foundation art final (W.I.P.)

It's pretty good, I can see that it took a lot of work. Nice job!
    sigpic

Comment

Excellent work Xink I wish I had half your talents!
      sigpic

Comment

Nice, I really like the face that kinda breaks away at the side.

Comment

Very nice work Xink! I love it when people break out of the typical page format and work with different compositional shapes and sizes. Also the line work is very good for moving the eye along the work.

How much color are you going with?

btw. what kind of class is this for? i just finshished up with my fine art degree and one of my last classes was a computer art course (mostly creating digital portfolios though)

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE
            Very nice work Xink! I love it when people break out of the typical page format and work with different compositional shapes and sizes. Also the line work is very good for moving the eye along the work.

How much color are you going with?

btw. what kind of class is this for? i just finshished up with my fine art degree and one of my last classes was a computer art course (mostly creating digital portfolios though)
            thanks for the kind words everyone, i was thinking of having the most colour in the center and as the piece moves out it looses it along the way right down to black and white. This is for my foundation art course thats been a year long, its just like a stepping stone to get me into university, most people do painting or drawing or something as their mostley fine artists, i wanted to show them what great effects you can get digitally with abit of work. They all think the computer does all the work for you and they wont understand untill they try and draw something on it.

Comment

Hey Xink, nice work. I just got a wacom tablet and i love it. What program did you use to draw that?

EDIT: What I mean is what version of photoshop did you use? Because I use flash and its bugging the crap out of me right now. There is no brush that fades out at the edges they are all solid.

Comment

Thats better than I could ever hope to do ;). Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by hayes321
                  EDIT: What I mean is what version of photoshop did you use? Because I use flash and its bugging the crap out of me right now. There is no brush that fades out at the edges they are all solid.
                  its because flash is all vector based, its not the best drawing app by any means anyhow, if you want to use vectors try adobe illustrator, i use photoshop CS, there you have coplete control over your brushs, you can make them scale, brighten, change shape and fade based on pen pressure or angle, i highley suggest you try that instead.

Comment

WOW Xink,

Thats really very good. And I agree with FreekyE, nice to see something else then the 'standard' stuff. Eventhough I'm doing standard stuff myself......never can imagine myself doing something that good.

So: :icon14: 2 U
                    Pommetje

Comment

thanks pomm :), got abit further if anyone was interested

Comment

Originally posted by Xink
                        its because flash is all vector based, its not the best drawing app by any means anyhow, if you want to use vectors try adobe illustrator, i use photoshop CS, there you have coplete control over your brushs, you can make them scale, brighten, change shape and fade based on pen pressure or angle, i highley suggest you try that instead.

Yep, I'm currently taking a Flash class and all you can do is basic drawings, nothing too complex. You can get very complex in the animations though. You can check out some of my first Flash projects here:

www.tacticalsites.com/~black_death5

Not too great, but I will be uploading my walking animation soon.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                          Yep, I'm currently taking a Flash class and all you can do is basic drawings, nothing too complex. You can get very complex in the animations though. You can check out some of my first Flash projects here:

www.tacticalsites.com/~black_death5

Not too great, but I will be uploading my walking animation soon.
                          those are pretty good for a beginner, ive used flash extensivley the last few years, though im no animator. Im a sucker for interface design and do love creating funky navigation for websites and such.

Comment

You're doing great with the color, I like seeing how it's coming about! You said you used photoshop CS?
                            sigpic

Comment

black death nice stuff. How'd u make the box with all the puzzle pieces? Could u send me the .swf?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X