Armed Assault demo video...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault demo video...

Well I can't share, and I can't give all my gaming buds a copy of the press release demo, rules you know... so I did the next best thing...

From start to finish, a video showing what I saw in the first 15 minutes of the Armed Assault press release demo...

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/Arm...ess%20Demo.avi
    (Recommend you right click and save as for easy, stutter free viewing)

WARNING: This is not final code, this is 75% complete alpha and it shows, this is work in progress.

and sorry again for such a large file, only recommended for broadband users and people who really want to see it... I tried to keep it as high in detail as possible, but had to make some quality sacrifices to keep it within a reasonable size. But I wanted to show you, as close to possible, exactly what I see in the demo.

In the future, for you slow bandwidth users, I will make a couple of small individual clips showing off things in the demo, but the purpose of this large, full 15 plus minute video is to show you what I get to play in the press release demo.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Armed Assault demo video...

I downloaded it but do I need a special codec or something to play it?

Comment

I think I finally had to settle with DivX, www.divx.com, they have the free codex there... sorry, had to keep trying to find a happy medium codex.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Thanks Magnum, look nice. Still some stuff that needs work, but it is an incomplete alpha build. Very nice for a work in progress. Any word on a publisher or release date?

Comment

I hope the other 25% consists of redoing the effects, adding 3D ironsights, giving the AI common sense, and making the animations believable.

Other than that, it looks good.

Comment

some of the sound cuttings sound pretty hashed together, hopefully they sort all that out, the runnin animation really isnt looking great, mabe im jus expecting too much but from that video it doesnt look too applealing...

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Even at Alpha build this is spectacular.

I couldn't care less about the eye candy. The gameplay is where it's at. The environment, graphic imperfections aside, is the most immersive to date (IMO).

This is really a combined arms combat *sim*... not merely a purty game.

Too bad so many people will pass on this game for its appearance. They'll miss participating in an incredible gameplay experience (said based on OFP as the existing model to really compare to... after all, ArmA is just OFP on steroids).

Comment

I think it looks awesome so far. For anyone who has played OpFlash you can really see the similarities in gameplay and, like people have said before, if it's the same as OpFlash with new missions then I will love it.

Comment

After playing OFP for a long time, those animations and character models look great. I'm extremely excited about this title, and it'll be interesting to see how people adjust to th huge scale and vast distance over which engagements take place.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                  |TG-2nd|munchkin
                  Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse