X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing new BBCode

Testing some new BBCode functionality:

[media]http://www.tacticalsites.com/~apophis/video/dogbone.wmv[/media]
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Testing new BBCode

Cool! I didn't see it at first, but after I refreshed I see the .wmv playing in the page...nice feature!
    LoyalGuard

Comment

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1445235303618405619&q=jamestown+br idge[/media]

Comment

Apophis, note the appearance of your posts in the Thread Review section of a New Reply page.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          Apophis, note the appearance of your posts in the Thread Review section of a New Reply page.
          I'm not seeing anything funky.. Can you post a screenshot?

Comment

When I hit play the video loops until stop is hit. Great job as usual boss.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

The first or second video?

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                I'm not seeing anything funky.. Can you post a screenshot?
                I cannot at the moment. I could tonight. I'll assume that unnecessary, given the below, unless you state otherwise.

I didn't mean to direct you to anything funky. I just didn't want you to overlook that consideration in your tests. Forgive the confusion.

I do notice that, in the main thread view, the player consumes the full width of the postblock, while it has a fixed width in the Thread Review. Other than that, the appearance seems fine (I cannot play the video at the moment due to something having only to do with my arrangement here, so I can't test the functionality).

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

And, now, the viewer has a fixed with both in the main thread view and in the Thread Review.

Comment

I'm seeing imbedded video in the first one, but nothing but a download link that opens up a Google Video page in the second one.

Here's a screen of the second one:
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Apophis, I'm curious... why is this functionality being considered?

The only other site I use which has embedded video which I really take value from (the player, nevermind the content) is cbsnews.com, and this player looks very similar.

Is it because we think we will take direct value from it? Is it to impress search engines? Does it increase user retention from a site design standpoint?

Or is it just a slow morning at work? :)

I'd have loved to have had something like this with the Jamestown thread.

Note: I'd hope this is obvious, but: please never make them play automatically (and don't give the author that option).

Another note: I'd love an author option to have the container div be collapsed or expanded by default.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        I'm seeing imbedded video in the first one, but nothing but a download link that opens up a Google Video page in the second one.
                        Same for me. I assumed it was b/c I don't/can't have flash player installed at work though. (since Google uses flash for it's vids).
                        LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          Apophis, I'm curious... why is this functionality being considered?

The only other site I use which has embedded video which I really take value from (the player, nevermind the content) is cbsnews.com, and this player looks very similar.

Is it because we think we will take direct value from it? Is it to impress search engines? Does it increase user retention from a site design standpoint?

Or is it just a slow morning at work? :)

I'd have loved to have had something like this with the Jamestown thread.

Note: I'd hope this is obvious, but: please never make them play automatically (and don't give the author that option).

Another note: I'd love an author option to have the container div be collapsed or expanded by default.
                          The framework of the code allows me to assign specific applications to file types included on the site. It is part of a larger project I'm working on to allow for better integration between the TG site and future media projects.

The .avi files are for nothing more than testing the core system.

Comment

The first one is an embedded link to a locally stored avi. The second video is a link to the Google Video page. The code automatically tries to embed the video from Google Video into the post. You probably will need Flash installed in order to view that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                              The first one is an embedded link to a locally stored avi. The second video is a link to the Google Video page. The code automatically tries to embed the video from Google Video into the post. You probably will need Flash installed in order to view that one.
                              I have Flash installed. If I click on the link, it opens up a Google Video page and plays just fine. There's just nothing but a white box for me here in the forums...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X