Trip to Havasupai indian Res in AZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Havasupai indian Res in AZ

Not sure if this is against forum rules? I couldn't find a SOP on topics for this forum (or maybe I just didn't look hard enough?).

Anyways, I went to Havasu Falls (Havasupai Indian reservation) and have some photos I brought back.

Havasupai means "People of the blue green water". They are located in an offshoot of the grand canyon and it's a 10 mile hike to get to the falls. It's crazy because the only way in and out is by hiking, horse or helicopter, yet they have a whole little town with houses, general store, restaraunt, church, etc. I have even seen a few full size trucks down there. Not sure how they got those in!

Take a look! It's an awesome place.

I think a cs map designed around their town in the bottom of the canyon would be sweet!

http://www.pbase.com/bhusk/havasupai

Re: OT: Trip to Havasupai indian Res in AZ

Nice hike. I have taken my Boy Scout troop down there many a time for our week hikes and camping. One year we got snowed in with a girl scout troop as well as had a flash flood go through their camp site.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

o man those are awesome pics!! Especially the second one on the top row.. incredible angle.
      Dizlor

Comment

sick, some of those pictures almost look fake!

Comment

Re: Trip to Havasupai indian Res in AZ

I was down there in April. Easily the most amazing place I've seen in my 25 years on the planet. I think about going back almost every day.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X