Battle of Chaeronea AAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Chaeronea AAR

This is a small after action review of the first historic mission in the just released Alexander add-on for Rome: Total War...

I'm not to good in RTS style games, requires to much thinking and clicking, but I do love history, especially warfare history, and I love playing the historic missions in the Rome Total War series.

This is the Battle of Chaeronea,

It's one of the first full battles that showcases Alexander's military prowess and tactical know how... King Philip II is still king, and Alexander is his son... King Philip's will lead most of the units in this battle on the center and right, he mostly has Macedonian Hoplites and Pike Phalanxes...

Alexander will lead his personal Champion Cavalry along with four units of Spear Armed Cavalry.

Alexander is tasked to take out three specialized pikeman units on the left side near the river, then break into the rear and flank the remaining Greek lines.

Now normally your not suppose to charge Pikemen with Cavalry, but with the river on the left flank, and high mountain on the right there is no choice.

What I decide to do is take three of my Spear Armed Cavalry and counter each Greek Pikeman unit, this will keep them busy, but I will lose a number of men in this frontal attack... Once the Greeks are busy, I will send in the forth Spear Armed Cavalry unit to the far left Greek unit, in a hope to eliminate them first, that will open up the left side so I can send the remaining units, including my Champions into the rear side and assist my other two units still in engagement...

Now once I defeat the three Greek Pikeman units, I will have the full left flank and rear to raise hell, and quickly move from enemy unit to enemy unit, in there rear destroying each, then I will finish with a complete clean up.

Sure any normal man so heavily outnumbered would surely fall, but I am Alexander, and don't call me Shirley. (thou it is said that Alexander may of liked to be called "Shirley", lol.)

This is me, Alexander...

Just look at that beautiful battlefield up ahead...

Pretty formations... damn river...

Oh it's on now...

My first wave...

Oh the horror... hey, don't look at the camera, damn amatuers...

I do wish there was blood, blood to flow into the river...

I'm in folks... now I flank and slaughter...

VICTORY!

Alot of good men died, but that was war back then...

Battle Statistics... every good war game should have battle Statistics...

The End...
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X