It's billboard time again :p

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's billboard time again :p

My 2nd map is getting close to having everything but the detailing/texturing done. It pretty much has nothing to do with what I showed of it in the TacMod forums because I had to change it due to the no parachutes change of 1.3 and my original layout sucked anyway :p.

The map is still a middle-eastern urbanish map but it's more like Mashtuur than Karkand in that it uses terrain a lot. I still have some billboards leftover from Inishail but if anyone wanted to make one, you should have plenty of time to do it now (at least 2 weeks).

The billboard must be 512x300. It must fit in a middle-east setting (as far as the colors go, the actual theme doesn't have to be realistic). I don't want something that stands out too much so I'm looking for something that looks semi-professional and I would prefer something that promotes Tactical Mod and/or TG and is more serious than the Inishail submissions I got (as much as I liked them :p). If you read this thread, H-Hour posts instructions and a link to a file he made that has a bunch of "decals" to make your billboard look "aged" and more realistic. I know I sound a bit demanding especially since I'm basically asking for free stuff :p but I really want something that fits naturally in the map (like the orange billboard H-Hour made in Inishail and the Bommando School of Medics one, they both look very good in-game).

The map no longer has a golf course so don't make any golf-themed ones.

You can upload your image in .png format (better quality) at http://www.imageshack.us and post it here.

I can only pick 3 or 4 billboards so participate at your own risk :p. And thanks in advance :)

Re: It's billboard time again :p

I'm going to copy this thread to the Pics/screenshots forum, so there will be on here and one there. That should get you more participation.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

sigpic

Comment

9 doesn't do... ? OHHHHHH!!! LOL :icon_lol:

dude that's great!!! (though kilrogg's only got one L ;) )

Comment

lol thats pretty nice

Comment

I had taken the sample_billboard.zip file down, but now it's back up in slightly different form.
            [volun]

Comment

Kilrogg, do u have a gas station on ur map and plan to put a billboard near it??
              i had an idea to try to make a sign with gas prices and everything in arabic, but it would be pointless if there were no gas stations

Here is the one i made last time for ur 2nd map

i have a bunch of funny ones coming as well
              Last edited by DrunkenSoul; 07-27-2006, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Nice one! Bodofooko! LOL!

OK, this is my entry. Good luck with your map!

Last edited by RocketPunch; 07-27-2006, 02:29 AM.
                Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

That's gonna be kinda hard to read in-game. You have to take into account the lower quality of the texture when it's in-game, small or heavily deformed text (or a combination of both :p) is hard to read.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X