Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better than a pot of gold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Better than a pot of gold





    ....as GOD had intended it
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

  • #2
    Re: Better than a pot of gold

    That's in Ontario! (Canada for those who don't know)

    The Beer Store (formerly known as Brewer's Retail) is the only place where you can buy beer (besides some brands carried by the liquor stores) in Ontario. Corner stores are not (yet) allowed to sell beer.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Better than a pot of gold

      Thats awesome...my brother inlaws boss sent him that.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Better than a pot of gold

        wait a sec.......the liquor stores can sell liquor.....but not beer? wha?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Better than a pot of gold

          Originally posted by freekyE View Post
          wait a sec.......the liquor stores can sell liquor.....but not beer? wha?
          I don't know the history behind it, but there were two distinct store types created.

          When I was young, the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) stores sold ONLY spirits and wine. Over time, that evolved to include special types of beer, like American brands and some imports from overseas. Now, it includes a wide variety of imports from all over the world and a few Canadian brands.

          The Beer Store sells all kinds of brands of beer, probably more than a hundred.

          Oh imagine that... Wikipedia has it all covered... why even try ;)
          The Beer Store
          The LCBO
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Better than a pot of gold

            God bless Canadian Beer...
            |TG-Irr|Cadian
            Games: BF2, POE2, CoD2, GRAW

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Better than a pot of gold

              Originally posted by Cadian View Post
              God bless Canadian Beer...

              Guess he would have to when its going up against Samual Adams and Rolling Rock....



              And i have gotten more rep from this thread then any of my others...lol. Glad to be home at TG
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Better than a pot of gold

                Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                Guess he would have to when its going up against Samual Adams and Rolling Rock....
                It's a sad day when an american actually believes they have superior beer. :(

                :D
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Better than a pot of gold

                  lol....america by no means makes the best beer. and i think most beer drinkers know that. We just take what is cheapest, unless its a family gathering.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Better than a pot of gold

                    Originally posted by icky View Post
                    It's a sad day when an american actually believes they have superior beer. :(
                    No. It's sad that foreigners think that Bud, Coors, Miller, etc... are actually beers to be considered. People from other countries don't realize that it's just bottled pisswater that we give to rednecks to keep them happy.

                    That's like saying that Moosehead is Canadian beer.

                    Or Corona is Mexican beer.


                    Oh, and as to The Beer Store? I think it's a shame that you let your government control your beer like that. I mean, we let our government control interest rates and let them fiddle with the value of the dollar, but we would NEVER let them control our beer!!!
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Better than a pot of gold

                      Well said cing.
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Better than a pot of gold

                        I'm really not a beer bigot. I drink anything. I had 8 different brands with me on my recent camping trip/party (yes, seriously). American beer has just been a target of light-hearted jabs since I was a kid, probably because of the better known brands and their lower alcohol content.
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Better than a pot of gold

                          Hah! Nothing compares to Kokanee Beer! (My dad says..he literally has an armory of Kokanee in the basement.)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Better than a pot of gold

                            Originally posted by icky View Post
                            I'm really not a beer bigot. I drink anything. I had 8 different brands with me on my recent camping trip/party (yes, seriously). American beer has just been a target of light-hearted jabs since I was a kid, probably because of the better known brands and their lower alcohol content.
                            Yeah... You know what they say about American big-brand beer and sex in a canoe...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Better than a pot of gold

                              Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              Oh, and as to The Beer Store? I think it's a shame that you let your government control your beer like that. I mean, we let our government control interest rates and let them fiddle with the value of the dollar, but we would NEVER let them control our beer!!!
                              We just let em control wine & spirits, but not beer!
                              Battlefield Admin() ()
                              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                              | for | |

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X