X3 Reunion = Beautiful

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3 Reunion = Beautiful

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I'm still hooked on X2, and now X3. I picked up X3 off of Steam this week for $20 bucks after putting about 25 hours into the former.

I thought I'd share some screenshots since this game is so beautiful. Nothing like an AAR or anything, just some sights I found around the X-Universe I thought were nice.

System Specs:

Processor: AMD 64 3500+
    Memory: 512X2 PC3200 Corsair XMS
    Mobo: Asus A8N-SLI
    Gfx: Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB
    Last edited by Evo<^|SiNz|^>; 08-25-2006, 01:23 PM.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: X3 Reunion = Beautiful

What kind of game is this?
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Spyder has a good description of the game right here. It's basically a mix between a space combat sim and an empire building sim. You can trade and build factories as much as you want, or fight and buy stronger and meaner ships if you want. It's a mix of both, and the balance will fall depending on what you enjoy doing to make money.

Theres over 70 separate ships you can buy with multiple variations based on weapons loadout, cargo capacity, and speed/maneuverability. It's also a strictly single player game.

Comment

Nice pics. I've been a fan of space sims since my days playing X-Wing. I just recently started playing Freelancer (I know, I'm behind the times). I've heard some good things about this game, and $20 off steam just sweatens the deal.

Comment

I remember this game mentioned in a review. According to the reviewers, the game was buggy and unplayable, but recent patches have fixed them all up.

Comment

I have owned this game for a while, and the sights still amaze me. Just a warning though, this game requires a lot of time to work up to the point of owning carrier fleets and trading dock empires. But definatley worth it if you like space sims.

Comment

How does it perform compared to X2? X2 was reasonably good for fps on my comp, but I worry X3 will be disasterously slow.
              2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
              BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

Actually, X3 performed just as well for me with all the bells and whistles on as X2 did, if not a bit better. Only a brief stutter or two when I engage a big group of Xenon. Fleet on fleet action would probably slow things down a lot. I'm more of a trader though, and FPS is 99% of the time smooth.

See specs in my first post. I was really surprised at how smooth it runs.

Comment

I have a 6600GT machine that will run X3 at 1024x (0xaa/af) and I stay above 25 FPS in all but the heaviest combat in heavy asteroid fields. There is also a huge mod you can run that adds all kinds of content (ships, races, etc.) that actually *improves* your fps due to the reworking of some of the firing animations and weapons fire effects etc.
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Barracuda_Magoo View Post
                    Nice pics. I've been a fan of space sims since my days playing X-Wing. I just recently started playing Freelancer (I know, I'm behind the times). I've heard some good things about this game, and $20 off steam just sweatens the deal.

You're not the only one. I just started playing Freelancer as well. Fun game. I may get X3, though I hear using a Saitek x52 or equivalent set of quality stick and throttle is worth it for this game.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

I beg to differ, while there are a lot of keyboard commands a uber HOTAS setup isn't needed. I have a Sidewinder joystick w/ throttle and it's fine. The game isn't fast paced enough to necessitate a HOTAS setup.

Comment

Thread necromancy with purpose:

The new version (.7) of the Xtended Mod for X3 was released yesterday.

New version adds all kinds of new ships, sectors, animations, etc. etc. etc. If you have X3 and you don't know what this is, go check it out. Seriously. It's better than white bread.

www.thexuniverse.com
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

I played this game for awhile...There is a bug where your autopiloted ships will crash in to your own spaceports when they are disembarking. I got tired of losing my fleet to friendly AI.
                          Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Never once had that particular problem.

Comment

I just picked this game up at Big Lots for 6 dollars + tax, haven't installed it yet though. I seem to be collecting a bunch of games for some reason, heh, and Big Lots/Ollies around here (closeout/surplus/etc stores) have real gems at times. Bought Darwinia, X3, and Metal Heart for 16 bux total, and years ago i bought NWN, Civ3 and Play to Win exp for 6 bux each.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X