X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices

|TG-33rd|Calvin

Re: Gas Prices

I wish, it only dropped to $2.349 here. The drop is also partly due to the winter fuel mixes coming out now which are cheaper to produce.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

It's actually dropped quite a bit here in Kansas City. Filled up Friday morning for $2.08.

Comment

2.06 in Champaign, IL
        USAR

Comment

Still about $2.25 in Tampa, FL.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

That is soooo true!!!
            Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
              I wish, it only dropped to $2.349 here. The drop is also partly due to the winter fuel mixes coming out now which are cheaper to produce.
              yep.. that and greatly reduced demand relative to the summer travel season...

Comment

It's not that much of a change though with demand, considering that gasoline is a very inelastic commodity.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
                  It's not that much of a change though with demand, considering that gasoline is a very inelastic commodity.
                  <shrug> I'd think so too... that's just what I've heard.

Comment

It's a commodity. Investors sometimes unrealistically bid up the price. I don't know jack about the airline industry, but I've been told by people who do understand it that an airline's success or failure largely hinges on its ability to hedge its fuel supply. In other words, they have to do a good job anticipating what their fuel costs will be, locking in good prices.

What I suspect happened is that a lot of people bid up oil at the beginning of the summer expecting a few hurricanes to knock production in the gulf down, etc. Now that has failed to materialize, investors are bailing on options, etc.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X