LOMAC - Tour of the Caucasas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOMAC - Tour of the Caucasas

Jex and I were flying the tour on Saturday and I got some cool screenshots. Riyker made an appearance later but ejected because he was hungry. Jex and I were smart to bring food in the cockpit. Well, I was the smartest because Jex ran out of fuel doing too many crazy tricks. Anyway, here are some screenshots of the occasion.

Just some simple flying to start off, after all those weird beginning waypoints we wanted to fly straight for a bit. I turned up the water detail to medium and it looks pretty cool.

We got out to the water and flew by some oil rigs. I hope we gave them a nice buzz! :icon_bigg

Now we're getting bored with the tour. Couldn't they spring for audio to explain what we see? Oh right, I must have turned it off so I could listen to some cool tunes. Anyway, here's Jex trying to slice in between my smoke trails.

He finally made in between the smoke trails! Oh, and so did Riyker, I mean show up to fly.

Here's an impromptu formation loop maneuver. I was flying in external view and thought it would be cool to just start a loop. Jex happened to follow me and I guess Riyker didn't want to be left behind.

We tried out some midair refueling but it didn't work out. The waypoints were too short for me to hook up, something always goes wrong when I try to refuel. We got that fixed and then Jex crashes into the KC-10, which happens frequently when I try to refuel in midair. :icon_razz I finally decided to do it in SP because I ended up crashing into another KC-10. Turbulence that close is tough to control! :icon15: Refueling is so easy when you can see the boom! You can't see it in MP unless you're the host.

Gotta love that heat blur! I should have turned this option on a long time ago. It looks better in game because it's animated.

- It's who you game with.

Re: LOMAC - Tour of the Caucasas

WOW Thats a flight sim game. and I thought microsoft flight sim was cool! I need to check out this LOMAC....

Comment

Yeah... I'm thinkin the same thing...

Is a joystick mandatory for this? or just more fun?

Comment

Well, I keep teasing Riyker to play it "old skool" with the keyboard since he still hasn't configured his joystick for LOMAC after that reinstall snafu. He's just too lazy to program 3 sets of 28 programmable buttons. :icon_razz

It's definitely a must with a joystick. It feels better and maybe it'll come in handy for BF1942 and future flight sims. You'll need it for accurate adjustments.

Imagine hooking up with this guy with the keyboard! I've circled the part on the hud that helps with how far you need to go for connection. Unfortunately, it doesn't say if you're long or short of the connection point but you'll probably get the idea. It currently says I'm 64 metres, or feet I dunno, from the boom.

Now, I'm at 1.0 and that means connection! I'm getting fuel right now.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do this with a keyboard.

Comment

Can you die in this game ?

"These are dangerious times we live in" NewsWrthy

Comment

Originally posted by Q
            Can you die in this game ?
            Only if it doesn't crash you to your desktop first.

I keep waiting for the jokers to play IL2 - guess I'm in for a long wait! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NippleCorn
              Only if it doesn't crash you to your desktop first.

I keep waiting for the jokers to play IL2 - guess I'm in for a long wait! LOL
              How come I've never seen you fly with us? IL2 or LOMAC? No point in waiting if you don't want to pioneer a game.

I found IL2 to be difficult to learn. It just happened that we did a lot more training with LOMAC and I enjoyed learning to fly with modern planes. If we had some specific training sessions with IL2, I'll fly. I keep at it with LOMAC because it doesn't crash as often as you think and I can actually accomplish objectives instead of stalling and dying.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                I found IL2 to be difficult to learn. It just happened that we did a lot more training with LOMAC and I enjoyed learning to fly with modern planes. If we had some specific training sessions with IL2, I'll fly. I keep at it with LOMAC because it doesn't crash as often as you think and I can actually accomplish objectives instead of stalling and dying.
                That's the 50 million dollar question... Is LOMAC easy to learn.. are there 40 key's I've got to learn to get the jet off the ground??

Nothing beat MS FlightSim imo for ease in learning to fly.

Are you guys on TG Comms when flying?

I'll check this game out , always thoght it looked good enough to try but those questions answered might push me either way.

THANKS.

Comment

I'm teetering with buying this too...

What threw me off was the crazy ratio of flyable/unflyable plane ratio....

for every plane you can fly, seems like there's 10 others you cant. Does it impact playability, or are the ones you can fly really the ones you want to anyways?

(guess this should be in it's own thread, sorry)

Comment

Oh, and kinda back on topic....

I got to sit in the fuel delivery/boom seat in a KC-10 not too long ago.. (one of the airframes we're upgrading the s/w on)

Those are some BIG ASS planes. There should be two rows of lights on the belly of the tanker to help guide you in too.

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3
                      I'm teetering with buying this too...

What threw me off was the crazy ratio of flyable/unflyable plane ratio....

for every plane you can fly, seems like there's 10 others you cant. Does it impact playability, or are the ones you can fly really the ones you want to anyways?

(guess this should be in it's own thread, sorry)
                      (jealous of Fri)

I've found the variety of planes you can fly are pretty good, although I would really like to fly the F/A-18. It's hard enough learning the details of the aircraft that are available and getting proficient at real life tactics/procedures. That is the real challenge.

And by the way, yes the game was unstable at first, but you just have to tweak the settings on your pc to fit your specs. I've got it running flawlessly now. I did add a pci slot fan to keep the vid card cool though.

AMD xp2500 (no OC)
                      Asus A7N8X-E dlx
                      1gig corsair xms
                      Nvidia 5800 128m
                      windows xp

BOT:
                      Here is an excellent tutorial/track on refueling (got it on the 2nd try!):
                      In-Air Refueling Track w/Voice over

Also, I have an old Thrustmaster Top Gun After burner joystick which you can get for $35 nowadays. It does just fine with a hat switch and 8 programmable buttons.
                      Last edited by USN_Squid; 03-22-2006, 04:43 PM.
                      New to TG?

Comment

hehehehe....

Program I was on previous to this one was the F-18 ;) (although we never got to sit in those)... C-17, Kiowa warrior as well..

Thanks for the joystick suggestion, looks like I'll be looking amongst these as well...

Comment

Originally posted by LOWDRAG
                          That's the 50 million dollar question... Is LOMAC easy to learn.. are there 40 key's I've got to learn to get the jet off the ground??

Nothing beat MS FlightSim imo for ease in learning to fly.

Are you guys on TG Comms when flying?

I'll check this game out , always thoght it looked good enough to try but those questions answered might push me either way.

THANKS.
                          Yes, we have a TS channel at TG for Lomac and IL2. I think you need exactly one button to get the plane off the ground. Several are optional:

Mandatory
                          1.Spool engine
                          Of course throttle up and taxi to runway (ask for clearance from tower if you want).

Optional
                          2.Nav lights
                          3.flaps
                          4.various exterior view buttons so you can see how cool you look
                          5.wing tip smoke
                          6.we usually coordinate take off so we hold brake, throttle up to full military and release brake together.

You're flyin'!
                          New to TG?

Comment

i got a question, can you dogfight and blow stuff up? or is it just flying around?

*EDIT*
                            lol i just saw that LOMAC stands for lock on modern air combat, so im guessing you can.
                            Last edited by MatDL; 04-06-2004, 06:35 PM.
                            4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Comment

Originally posted by MatDL
                              i got a question, can you dogfight and blow stuff up? or is it just flying around?
                              Yep the premise of the game is to dofight and blow stuff up. SP campaign is loosely based on a conflict between Russian/Ukraine and NATO. There are about 7 missions for each plane in SP. But the MP missions written by our TG guys and available elsewhere are better and more fun!
                              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X