TG CTI Armed Assault videos...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG CTI Armed Assault videos...

Last night, Sunday, Tactical Gamer members got together for some Armed Assault, Capture the Island action... It was a pretty good night of gaming with a few issues that still need to be worked out, in the game mode...

I took a number of frap video captures during the evening, here is two videos, a collection of those videos. The second one is better then the first due to more players and better organization, so if you only have time to watch one, grab the 2nd video.

http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/Vi...0CTI%20Pt1.wmv

http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/Vi...0CTI%20Pt2.wmv

(recommend you right click and save as for stutter free viewing, but whatever.)

PS: Sorry for the feedback some got whenever I recorded a clip, thats a problem I haven't been able to figure out, has something to do with teamspeak and fraps capturing at the same time, messing up the sound settings.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: TG CTI Armed Assault videos...

Cool videos. I'm looking forward to the US release, but I think my humble computer's going to need a heavy overhaul.

Those Strykers sure go down easy to a rocket (no birdcage?). Ma deuce sounded a bit wimpy, too.

Quick question, how does the paratrooper mechanic work?

Guess I'd better play some more OFP to get back in the groove....

Comment

You didn't get any footage of my 1200M kills with my trusty M24! :)

Good video though! Since I was providing cover from an elevated position and transportation for the bulk of my time, I didn't get to see too much of what was happening in the front lines.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

In CTI...after you secure a town/flag, the base automatically sends you a squad of paratroopers to defend the town, so you real players can move on to the next town.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

So how does ArmA CTI compare to MFCTI or ZeusCTI?

Pros and Cons? Any new twists, besides the mentioned squad of paratroops (sounds awesome and helpful)

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
            So how does ArmA CTI compare to MFCTI or ZeusCTI?

Pros and Cons? Any new twists, besides the mentioned squad of paratroops (sounds awesome and helpful)
            It doesn't have the RTS element that MCFTI and ZeusCTI had. But it's the same general concept in the game. Take over all the towns and secure the island.

You don't seem to be able to command a squad of AI solders in the ArmA version of CTI either. Unless I just haven't found it. That was something I always enjoyed in both MFCTI and ZeusCTI.

I did check out the forums on the MFCTI SourceForge site today, apparently Mike has plans to port MFCTI over to Armed Assault. That's something I am anxiously awaiting!

Comment

That would be fantastic! I always loved playing with just a few friends, and commanding a squad of AI is vital. Thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

at the beginning of the games, we were able to buy squads from the map screen...but then when we were capturing all those towns, the option on the map wouldn't show up... it was really missed...because it was more of a 10 man squad working, but when you have your own squad, you could have a platoon of tanks under your command, or a squad of infantry, or a few helicopters...makes it good for HUGH battles.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Were you able to buy other assets as well? Like tanks and helos and such for the squad?

Comment

no i don't think so... just a team at first...2 men, never went any higher then that... we need one like we had for OFP... that was incredible stuff.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Great videos Magnum. I'm foaming at the mouth. :)
                      [volun]

Comment

This movie reminds me of somethng. I have never seen this anywhere but does AA have in game VOIP?

Edit: These movies have almost broken me. As soon as I get some free money perhaps I should just buy AA online.
                        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Nice video's!

Comment

I just got fraps and started recording ArmA videos. Everything went well, and the video was great to watch. The problem? It's over 600MB for nearly 4 minutes. Can I compress this somehow and still make the quality great?

This was recorded at 30fps with sound.
                            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

If you make a video in windows movie maker I think it will compress it once you finalize it. You will lose some quality though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X