PC Upgrade Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Upgrade Pics

So just this week I decided to upgrade to XP. I figured I might as well update my hardware while I was at it. I ended up grabbing a hefty Enermax quiet PS, 2 Serial ATA 80GB hard drives, and hooking up the SB Audigy I bought a while back. You can click on the pics for larger versions.

My Case and new hardware to be installed. (The Diet Pepsi didn't make it into the case though)

A closer look at the inside.

The old HDDs and PS removed along with a shot of the hard drive swapper I bought a while back before I purchased my firelite drive. I figured I'd use it to transfer files from my old drives.

New parts installed. The PS was kind of tough with the extra thick covering on the cables, but I got that bastard in there.

My old 80 GB with water block that my distributor didn't send me the 2nd drive mounting for and I bent my only extra crimp. It was never actually hooked up. It took a good talking to from my trusty flat-head, but I was able to pry that crap off.

This was one of the easiest installs I've done in a while. I'm mad that I didn't get a picture of after I cleaned up the inside cabling, but I'll live. The striped array is working fine, and I do seem to notice a performance gain in file transfers, although that could just be the new OS.

Re: PC Upgrade Pics

My friend set up his computer and he has I think like 8 fans and he has a power supply outside of his case with all the fans,lights,etc hooked up to it on a seperate switch.Works
    very nicely for all you people who like to overclock and dont have a water cooling system.

Comment

nice! can i have your permission to copy your post to the hardware/software PC gallery?
      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
        My friend set up his computer and he has I think like 8 fans and he has a power supply outside of his case with all the fans,lights,etc hooked up to it on a seperate switch.Works
        very nicely for all you people who like to overclock and dont have a water cooling system.
        I had a system with 9 fans that ran nice and cold. Unfortunately, my apartment had a big dust problem from the sheetrock walls (brand new complex). This coated my fans and heatsinks resulting in increased heat and a pain when I had to clean it (not to mention the noise when the fans started to go out). I got tired of fans so I spent the upfront cost for the watercooling system from Koolance. I've never been happier with my noise level or CPU temp. Watercooling is not for everyone, but if you can afford it: I recommend it. It's not hard, the Koolance case came with VERY detailed instructions.

Originally posted by Overlag
        nice! can i have your permission to copy your post to the hardware/software PC gallery?
        Sure.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X