• Show
Clear All

Re: What's your Start Page?

www.rotten.com

edit: oh yeah don't click that

Comment

I use google.com/ig

Though i used to use TG before i got my gmail/personal account.
      Oyee

Comment

I have to jump in on the about:blank crew. I don't like my browser taking any more time then it has to to load, and I end up going to different pages when I load up, so don't feel the need to set one.
        sigpic

Comment

TG
          forums.lhotka.net CSLA.NET
          MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM
          www.flyinglab.com (Pirates of the Burning Sea)
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando

So, if I want to perform a Google search, I type "g searchterm" and it parses the query into a Google search. Same for imdb and similar sites.

mind = officially blown @[email protected]
            |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
              So, if I want to perform a Google search, I type "g searchterm" and it parses the query into a Google search. Same for imdb and similar sites.
              weird - i just discovered that if i type something into my firefox address bar that isn't a url, it redirects to google - is that default functionality or did I install something very useful along the way? o_0

Comment

I vary it up from time to time, sometimes I go with about:blank for the quicker load time, other times it's Google or Google News... Currently I'm using Google in one tab and TG UserCP in another (two tabs load when I start Firefox). I don't touch IE much, but that is always set to a blank page...

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  weird - i just discovered that if i type something into my firefox address bar that isn't a url, it redirects to google - is that default functionality or did I install something very useful along the way? o_0
                  That's default. IE does the same thing it just doesn't use a useful search engine.
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

fatchicksinpartyhats.com
                    oh yeah baby.

Comment

I hate you because, after all those years of experience with strange links in forums, I ignored intuition and actually went to that page.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                        I hate you because, after all those years of experience with strange links in forums, I ignored intuition and actually went to that page.
                        FOR THE WIN!

Comment

And/or lose.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Work: about:blank
                            No point putting anything cool on my start page at work, cuz the Angry German will go and block it w/ Websense.

Home: right now it's http://www.homebetatrial.com - Cuz I want in!
                            Formerly http://www.xlii.com - and it will probably return once I get into home beta =p
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X