X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatnik
    started a topic What's your Start Page?

What's your Start Page?

Had a strange moment of synchronicity yesterday. I was moving my Start Page from MyYahoo to Google Homepage (Google ig), and came across this lifehacker entry that compares various homepages. I've used yahoo for years now and like having my main bookmarks at any pc I log into. So I transitioned most bookmarks to google, although for some reason it limits the amount of bookmarks to 50. I also noted netvibes in the review, which looks pretty dense/awesome, and may play around with that to see if it's an improvement.

Below are my "current" start pages - yahoo and google. What do you use? What makes a good start page?

Last edited by Beatnik; 03-28-2007, 01:44 PM.

• Vinzalf
    replied
    Re: What's your Start Page?

Work: about:blank
    No point putting anything cool on my start page at work, cuz the Angry German will go and block it w/ Websense.

Home: right now it's http://www.homebetatrial.com - Cuz I want in!
    Formerly http://www.xlii.com - and it will probably return once I get into home beta =p

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

And/or lose.

Leave a comment:

• Ferris Bueller
    replied

Originally posted by ednos View Post
    I hate you because, after all those years of experience with strange links in forums, I ignored intuition and actually went to that page.
    FOR THE WIN!

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

I hate you because, after all those years of experience with strange links in forums, I ignored intuition and actually went to that page.

Leave a comment:

• Ferris Bueller
    replied

fatchicksinpartyhats.com
    oh yeah baby.

Leave a comment:

• Wimpinator
    replied

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    weird - i just discovered that if i type something into my firefox address bar that isn't a url, it redirects to google - is that default functionality or did I install something very useful along the way? o_0
    That's default. IE does the same thing it just doesn't use a useful search engine.

Leave a comment:

• Lorax74
    replied

I vary it up from time to time, sometimes I go with about:blank for the quicker load time, other times it's Google or Google News... Currently I'm using Google in one tab and TG UserCP in another (two tabs load when I start Firefox). I don't touch IE much, but that is always set to a blank page...

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

Originally posted by Bommando
    So, if I want to perform a Google search, I type "g searchterm" and it parses the query into a Google search. Same for imdb and similar sites.
    weird - i just discovered that if i type something into my firefox address bar that isn't a url, it redirects to google - is that default functionality or did I install something very useful along the way? o_0

Leave a comment:

• Calvin
    replied

Originally posted by Bommando

So, if I want to perform a Google search, I type "g searchterm" and it parses the query into a Google search. Same for imdb and similar sites.

mind = officially blown @[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• El_Gringo_Grande
    replied

TG
    forums.lhotka.net CSLA.NET
    MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM
    www.flyinglab.com (Pirates of the Burning Sea)

Leave a comment:

• WaffleHousChef
    replied

I have to jump in on the about:blank crew. I don't like my browser taking any more time then it has to to load, and I end up going to different pages when I load up, so don't feel the need to set one.

Leave a comment:

• Black_V!per
    replied

I use google.com/ig

Though i used to use TG before i got my gmail/personal account.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

www.rotten.com

edit: oh yeah don't click that

Leave a comment:

• corporate
    replied

Originally posted by ednos View Post
    Is that a picture of you? That's cute.
    Yea, I'll be 6 yo in a few months. LOL

It's my awesome kid.

Protopage lets me post pics, use RSS feeds, other websites (I'm using it with Game-Monitor.com to see the TG POE2 server) and links of course. It does a lot of other things too, I just use a small number of it's features.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X