Battlefield Recorder Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Recorder Issues

Well, I finally figured out how to download BF demo files from our server, and play them back in Battlefield recorder. Am rendering a brief test of the recorder now as I type...

Question: The recorder starts recording as soon as a round (map/demo file) loads. I want to start recording a section near the end of a round, but it appears that I have no choice in when the recorder starts (as soon as a map loads in replay, it seems). Is there a way to control when you start recording?

I have the BD User's guide in front of me, but there is no indication of any option here.

What I would like to do is combine my own fraps recording from my POV with my voice over, with action at the scene as seen from other angles via BD.

Anyway, this may prove to be too much if I have to record an entire round, render it, then extract the segment I want in my own video editor.
    sigpic

Re: Battlefield Recorder Issues

I'm confused (not unusual for me :row__523: ).

Do you want to control when the battlerecorder starts server side OR you want to control where you start capturing video on the client side (when you playback) ?

If it's client side, I start FRAPS with recording off and I start recording (f9) when I get the camera where I want it. I position by rendering at 300%, then I set it back at 100%. As far as I know, there is no way to edit BR files (or start them not at the beginning).

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
      Do you want to control when the battlerecorder starts server side OR you want to control where you start capturing video on the client side (when you playback) ?

If it's client side, I start FRAPS with recording off and I start recording (f9) when I get the camera where I want it. I position by rendering at 300%, then I set it back at 100%. As far as I know, there is no way to edit BR files (or start them not at the beginning).
      Confusion is what I'm best at...

I am only working with BattleDirector and the files from the TG server, so I gues I mean that I want to control recording on the client side during playback.

SO it seems like you are saying I must simply replay the file using BD and use FRAPS to do the recording off of BD while it is replaying. That I can do.

Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
        Confusion is what I'm best at...

I am only working with BattleDirector and the files from the TG server, so I gues I mean that I want to control recording on the client side during playback.

SO it seems like you are saying I must simply replay the file using BD and use FRAPS to do the recording off of BD while it is replaying. That I can do.

Thanks.
        BD has an option to render video to a file, or just play it back. I don't use BD, I use FRAPS and straight playback from the BF2 client. Not sure if you can assign a hotkey to the «render video» in BD or if you have to the window visible to click it. BD uses BF2 to write the AVI file, so that works if you don't have FRAPS.

I think Dawolf uses BD. Not sure if he uses the rendering option or uses FRAPS.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I used BD to play back the demo and recorded video and sound using fraps.

If you use BD to render the video you have to do it one time for the video and a second time for audio plus you have to sync them in the end.

Sadly there is no option i am aware of to skip a part of the playback or even rewind the demo except for that 300% fastforward.
          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
            I used BD to play back the demo and recorded video and sound using fraps.

If you use BD to render the video you have to do it one time for the video and a second time for audio plus you have to sync them in the end.

Sadly there is no option i am aware of to skip a part of the playback or even rewind the demo except for that 300% fastforward.
            Gotcha. So you basically use BD as a front end ?

DB

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X