Where'd the Falcon forum go? AKA check out this ditch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd the Falcon forum go? AKA check out this ditch

I was practicing again just now, and I was more or less on approach, at about 340 kt. I knew I was going a little fast to lower my gear, but I figured "meh, I've lowered it this early before...besides, I need the extra drag to slow". I lowered the gear, and heard that awful grinding clunk. Uh oh. I looked down at my gear indicator lights. Only the rear left was on. Oh crap.

...I think I might have lowered it too early. I figured it'd still be a good time to practice "ditching". I had full engine control, and everything worked fine, so I set up a nice final, and made sure to be flying as absolutely slow as possible... and it worked!

I had to unlock the front wheel to keep the plane on the runway (it was pulling to the left, HARD), but all in all it was relatively in control...so I figured...I wonder if I could get it back up to takeoff speed?
    -=Brian=-

Re: Where'd the Falcon forum go? AKA check out this ditch

you lowered your gear 90 kts too fast.

Comment

I know. I usually lower them as I hit 300 kts, mainly because I rush to get to the ground, so I use them as extra airbrakes (as long as its a safe speed, and evidently I'm always skirting that edge). I try to make my landings as hasty as possible, so that I get out of the way as soon as I can. That means a short approach with the fastest deceleration possible. I'll often be within 1 or 2 kms of the runway, still going 400 or so, doing violent S turns to waste energy. Usually my landings are very smooth and uneventful as long as my approach and final doesnt destroy my plane!
      -=Brian=-

Comment

What game is that?
        AKA
        USMCSierraJuan
        Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

We still have the Falcon 4 forums here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/falcon-4-allied-force/

There's not much activity there now, but there are still quite a few TG people playing on other servers.

Nice landing by the way. ATC might help your hot approaches...;)
          New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X