Need animated gif help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need animated gif help.

I have a gif that -=Vicious=-VP made for me that I would really like to use as my avatar, but I can't figure out how to make it into a smaller file. I tried decreasing the number of colors used, but it started to look like crap before the filesize got under 10k.

If anyone can help me with this, I would be greatly appreciative!

Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

I tried messing with it in animation shop. I see what you mean about the color optimization. Take the colors away it looks like crap, and if you make it smaller it looks like crap too. Best person for this job is Quarath he knows his .gifs

Comment

yea, but he's kinda vanished from the community, i tried to contact him too but he didn't reply at all.

Comment

Will this be small enough? I got it just about bang on to 10kb. I had to resize the image, remove a duplicate frame and reduce quality a tad.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

It looks like the Cingular guys or is that Verizon? :)
          sigpic
          I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarc

Will this be small enough? I got it just about bang on to 10kb. I had to resize the image, remove a duplicate frame and reduce quality a tad.
            Perfect!!! Thanks a lot!

What program(s) did you use to edit it?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

MS Paint. can't you tell? :D
              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Sorry been MIA. I was in school a lot and did not realize I still had forum privleges after p2p.
                "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Re: Need animated gif help.

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  I have a gif that -=Vicious=-VP made for me that I would really like to use as my avatar, but I can't figure out how to make it into a smaller file. I tried decreasing the number of colors used, but it started to look like crap before the filesize got under 10k.

If anyone can help me with this, I would be greatly appreciative!

OK, I'm begging yet again...

I just found out that HL2 supports animated sprays and I'd like my avatar as a spray. The only gif editor that I've found as shareware has an expired license...

Here's how to make 'em. If someone with more photoshop skillz than I have could give me a hand with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Here ya go.. Extract the contents of this file to your source\cstrike\materials\VGUI\logos directory and then hop into CS Source and select it as your new spray. You will only see the first frame of the image when you select it, but it should work once you're in game!

Get it done quick so I can come see if it works!! :-)
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                      Here ya go.. Extract the contents of this file to your source\cstrike\materials\VGUI\logos directory and then hop into CS Source and select it as your new spray. You will only see the first frame of the image when you select it, but it should work once you're in game!

Get it done quick so I can come see if it works!! :-)
                      I tried it locally and it didn't seem to show up at all.. Gonna have to play with a bit.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

OK, I got one working, but in order to get the .vtf small enough, I had to drop the resolution to an unacceptable level. I'm sure the images can be reworked or something, but it's beyond my skill.

I ended up not bothering with my existing animated gif and just made new frames from scratch:

And attached is the resulting spray that looks like crap...
                        Attached Files
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

!

OK, my new and improved avatar is up! Just had to let everyone know that I finally managed to stumble my way through the process of creating an animated gif that doesn't look like crap. Above is the old version. Quite an improvement, I think...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X