WiC Part 2... I'm exhausted...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiC Part 2... I'm exhausted...

OK, in my last post of World in Conflict, I showed the easy stuff, the tutorial and settings...

So now I just played the SP campaign for about an hour and let me tell you, I am exhausted! I'm sweating, and my arm and hand is cramped... I feel like I just worked out but never left my chair...

World in Conflict has got to be the most fast paced, click crazy RTS ever... I played the Generals, I've played CoH, (which this is very similar to in gameplay)... but this takes the cake...

thats great for you guys who like this kind of fast paced, in your face RTS... but I was really looking forward to an RTS with a little more tactical element then what is offered here...

Here's my screens from the SP campaign...

I thought it was over here...

NOPE, enemies coming from all sides, hold position, ya RIGHT!

Finally some big gun support...

Now I don't know how the heck this happened:

Damn, was really looking forward to this game... I'm thinking no now... fast paced click fest, but I do thank Sierra for releasing a demo first, because now I know.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: WiC Part 2... I'm exhausted...

Nice screenshot Magnum. I'm downloading demo right now. It sounds like you didn't enjoy the game. I'm curious to know what would make this game more tactical for you. Slower paced? More time to plan your strategy? Utilizing the units differently? My experience with the beta (all multiplayer) is that it is very fast paced, but it does have a lot of tactical elements in that you need to know what your forces are up against and adapt to their strategy or make him (them) adapt to yours. How you do that is were tactics and experience comes in to play. The single player game maybe different, I'll find out shortly.

Comment

Tried the demo, and hated it just as much as the beta. I really do not see what the big deal is with this game. Lots of explosions and nice graphics do not make a good strategy game.

Comment

It can be very fast-paced if you let it carry you along. I played slowly, and took my time, enjoying the fortifications, and FOV advantages.

I'm thinking of it like BF2, in that its how you play it.

Comment

For me the big deal is in addition to the AWESOME graphics is that I've never played an RTS like this. In terms of strategy (keep in mind I've only played multiplayer), you have to work as a team to utilize each others kits very similar to BF2 and that where's the strategy and teamwork come into play. I've never seen a game like this before where everything is played completely in 3d. CoH and other similar games with 3d functions are fine, but you don't have to use it to be competitive.

I can see your point though in that the strategy level isn't as in dept as other traditional RTS games since the resource aspect is taken out (not entirely, but close) so it makes your loss of units to potentially not have as big of an impact since you can just pump more out. But, don't be fooled into thinking that there isn't any tactics or strategy in this game. My opinion may change once I play the game more than I have, but from a multiplayer perspective, maybe you haven't played with the right people to allow you to fully appreciate its tactical and strategic potential.
          Last edited by NorCalRoach; 08-25-2007, 03:40 AM.

Comment

well my screens and comments were based on the sp so far.... will check out the mp this weekend.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
              Tried the demo, and hated it just as much as the beta. I really do not see what the big deal is with this game. Lots of explosions and nice graphics do not make a good strategy game.
              Man, I told you graphics mean everything. Screw gameplay! :madsmile:

Comment

I dunno--the game is a lot of fun when you play with friends. I've got a group of 3 in college that I play with and it was a blast playing with them last night.

Comment

WiC is a lot of fun with a good team, when you are just hopping onto a server with no teamwork it can best be described as a spectacular meh. I wouldn't call it a click fest either, granted you can win a game without strategy just by being a good combination of aggressive and lucky, but you can use as much tactics as you feel comfortable with. Its not on par with company of heroes tactics, but it has a much larger scale as well so micromanagement is a little more difficult.

And by the way Magnum 50, I live in Naples as well.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed