Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

    If you own a bike show off your stuff.

    I will be picking this baby up on Saturday. It is a 2007 Honda GL 1800 GoldWing Lehman Trike Conversion. The only difference is my color will be a Dark Orange Metallic.



    18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

  • #2
    Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

    Can you actually look tough riding a trike? (Not that I'm blasting you or anything; my sense of bike balance is such that a trike is probably my only hope of a motorcycle, short of a sidecar.)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

    Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

      suuuuweeeettttt Bubba...Good luck with your new vehicle.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

        Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
        I will be picking this baby up on Saturday. It is a 2007 Honda GL 1800 GoldWing Lehman Trike Conversion. The only difference is my color will be a Dark Orange Metallic.
        I'm not sure if I've told you how much I dislike you, Bubba. :) That's definitely a nice looking ride, I can foresee some great cruising on that thing.

        Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
        Can you actually look tough riding a trike? (Not that I'm blasting you or anything; my sense of bike balance is such that a trike is probably my only hope of a motorcycle, short of a sidecar.)
        Look tough? Probably not. But imagine having that thing out for a day cruising in Arizona. It's going to be a lot of fun, easy on the body, and excellent for long-haul rides.

        I know this doesn't really count since I'm a has-been bike owner. But up until a couple years ago, this is what I was riding:


        That's not my actual bike, but very close to the same configuration with the Corbin seat and other minor mods. The only real difference is the pic has the stock exhaust and I was running the V&H SS2 exhaust with a stage 1 jet kit. It was a great bike for a sport-tourer. If I get another bike I'll probably go with another S/T. Most likely the Ducati ST4.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

          Originally posted by Apophis View Post
          I'm not sure if I've told you how much I dislike you, Bubba. :) That's definitely a nice looking ride, I can foresee some great cruising on that thing.
          LOL It will be a nice ride back to Phoenix from Prescott. The wife is driving me up to pick it up and she (poor thing) does not get a chance to ride back on the trike. So I get the first day all to myself.


          18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff




            Oh you meant motorcycles :D
            Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

            Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

              The 954RR in front is mine.



              And the MiniGP track bike :D


              TG Regular
              TGU Staff
              ShackTac FNG





              TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
              Evil Koala
              LeftSkidLow

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                Very nice trike Bubba!! Im sure your back will appreciate it very much ;)


                This is the one I used to have...



                This is the one I will have very soon ;) God I LOVE that retro GP paint job


                Dizlor


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                  My first was a Kawi EX500 exactly like this one. Extremely chuckable, but the vibrations and sluggishness of it's 2-cylinder egg-beater got old fast.

                  I then got this Suzuki RF600RR... which I rode pretty much every day. Unfortunately/fortunately, I had to sell it a couple years back to help finance son #1.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                    Well, I had intentions of buying a motorcycle and wife finally said "yes" after all the stories my mom had told her about me riding dirt bikes back in the day and jumping over cars and by accident my mom when she was not supposed to be anywhere around me. BUT my brother had a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard and had been riding for about 15 years when on May 5 he wrecked, the motorcycle flipped on top of him and rode him down the guard rail about 30 feet. It broke all his ribs, crushed his right arm and hand, broke his right collar bone, and broke his back at the T4 vertebra. He was on life support for almost 3 weeks when the doctors did a second catscan on his head and found he had bleeding in his brain and told his wife, not only would he never walk again but he would also never LIVE, he would just be. So they pulled the plugs May 23, 2007, the day before my birthday and 4 days before his daughter turned 16. So needless to say, wife has now had second thoughts about me having a motorcycle, I told her next time I renew my license I will not renew my motorcycle license if that was the case.

                    Also my brother was looking on Ebay the last time I visited him in March(I live in WV and him in MD, we didn't see each other often, last time was 6 years before then) to buy his daughter a motorcycle for her 16th birthday.

                    Just want to let you know... be carefull out there, you never know what may happen.

                    One other thing, he was 42 and a health nut freak. I think it very odd that a person that has a resting heart rate of 42 bpm and worked out constantly every chance he got would have something like that happen. Ironic in a way for he always toild me I would die from cancer of the lungs or some other crap cause I am a complete oppiste of him. My workout consist of 12 Oz at a time and lifting a pack of smokes. Also, all my male cousins on mother side of family have died at 42.... kinda weird ain't it, if that is the case I am living it up for another 7 years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                      These two days are going to drag on, 0900 Saturday morning can not come fast enough.


                      18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                        bet you have that original pic posted up somewhere. like a pinup girl from the 50's.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                          Originally posted by msdz View Post
                          Well, I had intentions of buying a motorcycle and wife finally said "yes" after all the stories my mom had told her about me riding dirt bikes back in the day and jumping over cars and by accident my mom when she was not supposed to be anywhere around me. BUT my brother had a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard and had been riding for about 15 years when on May 5 he wrecked, the motorcycle flipped on top of him and rode him down the guard rail about 30 feet. It broke all his ribs, crushed his right arm and hand, broke his right collar bone, and broke his back at the T4 vertebra. He was on life support for almost 3 weeks when the doctors did a second catscan on his head and found he had bleeding in his brain and told his wife, not only would he never walk again but he would also never LIVE, he would just be. So they pulled the plugs May 23, 2007, the day before my birthday and 4 days before his daughter turned 16. So needless to say, wife has now had second thoughts about me having a motorcycle, I told her next time I renew my license I will not renew my motorcycle license if that was the case.

                          Also my brother was looking on Ebay the last time I visited him in March(I live in WV and him in MD, we didn't see each other often, last time was 6 years before then) to buy his daughter a motorcycle for her 16th birthday.

                          Just want to let you know... be carefull out there, you never know what may happen.

                          One other thing, he was 42 and a health nut freak. I think it very odd that a person that has a resting heart rate of 42 bpm and worked out constantly every chance he got would have something like that happen. Ironic in a way for he always toild me I would die from cancer of the lungs or some other crap cause I am a complete oppiste of him. My workout consist of 12 Oz at a time and lifting a pack of smokes. Also, all my male cousins on mother side of family have died at 42.... kinda weird ain't it, if that is the case I am living it up for another 7 years.
                          Sorry for your loss msdz :( It always saddens to me to hear of another fellow biker going down, for good. Keep your head up.
                          Dizlor


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                            Here's mine.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Bike Owners Show Your Stuff

                              Originally posted by wickerman View Post
                              Here's mine.
                              That looks very uncomfortable.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X