Network 42 / Tactical Gamer Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network 42 / Tactical Gamer Pictures

I've gotten some requests for pictures of what we've done with our new Network Operations Center for N42/TG so I've taken a couple just to show you what we're doing from the infrastructure side.

These are some of the original Sun Ultra 5 machines we used in the early days to run Tactical Gamer. We've been migrating off of them onto newer hardware and eventually they'll end up as workstations on our desks for everyday use. That's what one of them was for me originally. A test bed for development, that development "project" turned into N42.

Some of the gaming servers. We have a full rack of these and a second one filling up quickly. We build all our own servers on-site and everything is built in 19" rack mount cases.

We set the NOC up with an overhead cable management system and cable ladders to keep the stuff off the floor. Nothing works worse than crunched up ethernet cable.

These are the new production servers replacing the Sun Ultra 5's. We've got a few more of them on the way for DNS and email. These machines are made with some of the higest end parts we can get to guarantee stability.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Absolutely awsome.... It is great to see the "inside".... Thanks Apo!

Comment

very nice.... but what abou the 5,000,000 btu A/C unit on the roof?

Comment

I recognized the words "ethernet cable". I'm a computer genius!

Looks cool.
        [volun]

Comment

Actually we have a 60,000 BTU wall mounted. We're not generating enough heat to put a 4-6 ton unit on the roof yet, but that time will come eventually!

Comment

OMG!!!!!!! i thought the entire TG and N42 was just a typical computer in an apartment that supports like 10 games or something. that's really cool. at least i found out it's a big room with multiple servers.

Comment

Um... WAY OFF

Comment

:D haha, good one Apo. Here's the real thing folks:

Comment

random, did that machine run at 1hz? ;)

LOL

anyway, nice pictures of N42... errrr i mean TG :)
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

Here's a couple more...

This was one of the big shipments of parts we got in when we first moved into our new home. This was all the crap we were buying behind the scenes to re-build all the servers and prepare a solid self-hosted infrastructure.

This was the end of the server-building line we had set up. Where the machines got their final installs, patches and game or applications configured.

Comment

Hey you all forgot the NS server again man.....

Big-B the admin there
                      WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Actually.. The NS server is sitting on the workbench:

It's been there so we can keep an eye on it. Not to mention it's gotten a recent upgrade to Windows to see if that helped solve any of the ping issues.

Comment

sweet deal... I am impressed with the setup. Wish I had one for personal use LOL
                          WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                            OMG!!!!!!! i thought the entire TG and N42 was just a typical computer in an apartment that supports like 10 games or something. that's really cool. at least i found out it's a big room with multiple servers.

I explained this too you one time on IM!

Comment

Hehehehe.. This banner might look familliar to some...

It's hanging up in the office..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X