Must.. Change.. Shorts..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must.. Change.. Shorts..

The tail strike occurred during at a 1990 airshow in Harrison, Arkansas. Kelly, who was a technician for the FAA and somewhat of a camera buff, was tracking with his camera, as this guy looped off the deck in a MiG-15.

The pilot had just completed a loop and misjudged his pull-out. Everyone
    considering themselves as potential victims, took-off running in all directions.
    But Kelly had a non-threatening position along with a strong motivation to take the picture. So just as the MiG scraped the ground, Kelly captured this rare image.

Had it been circulated at the time, this once in a lifetime photograph might have earned an award.

Oh, by the way, the guy just made a wide circle, lowered his landing gear, touched down . . then taxied in showing scratched paint, but no sheet metal damage.
    sigpic

Re: Must.. Change.. Shorts..

WOW… do you have a link for us to see?
    |TG|Gabriel87
    Favorite quotes and sayings:

Teacher, Tommy you got a fairy godmother.
    Tommy, No, but we got an uncle we keep a close eye on.

*If anyone knows or has seen Markopilot please let him know that his gunner misses him and would like to talk to him agian. He knows me by Gabriel87.

Comment

Link? To video or something? No.. Kelly didn't even know he got it until he had the photo's developed at Walgreens... seriously. I'm not even sure there is an FAA incident report on this since there was no physical damage to the aircraft, but I can do a search through the FFA incident reports if I get a chance.

It's a trusted source - to me anyway. :D
      sigpic

Comment

Excellent shot. I think that pilots lucky that his right wingtip wasn't a few inches lower, because then there would've had to have been an FAA report, amongst others.
        Focused

Comment

looks like a RC model plane...strange.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed