Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STILL the greatest PC game ever made... IMO...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STILL the greatest PC game ever made... IMO...

Janes Longbow 2... greatest PC game I ever played, even now...nothing has replaced the level of detail and gameplay... only thing better over time is graphics and sounds... but I'll take gameplay over pretty any day...would be nice to have both if anyone ever wants to make a Longbow 3. ;)

oh the memories.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: STILL the greatest PC game ever made... IMO...

Sweet screenies, mag. Thanks for sharing.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Thx... just FYI... Longbow 2 runs in software mode on windows Vista with a default install... I was shocked, since I could never get it to run in XP. ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Are all those screenies from the same mission?
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

no, 2 or 3 missions
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

that was a diffecult game its like over 10 years old but was fun
            have u guys ever played apache? Hind was awsome cuz u can see soliders on the ground

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
            Delta MICS
            Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Wow, I actually remember that game. I do remember one mission that had you taking off a carrier, and for some reason I crashed into something as soon as I tried to take off half the time.
              playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
              I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

I had the greatest time with IAF, another Jane's game. Man do I miss all of Jane's games. USAF, etc.

Comment

I was a jane junky for a while.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I loved all of the Janes Sims, even the 688 submarine one. They made some good stuff back then...
                    Last edited by G--Man; 01-15-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Are you targeting an AH-1 Cobra in one of the shots?

Comment

Yes, and in the first pic he has lock on what appears to be a CH-53 Sea Stallion.
                        playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
                        I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

I loved the Janes series, great stuff. I had to borrow a buddies Thrustmaster flight stick, throttle and pedals to play. I still talk about this game to friends who bash flight sims. Refresh my memory, was this a DOS title or not?

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
                            I loved the Janes series, great stuff. I had to borrow a buddies Thrustmaster flight stick, throttle and pedals to play. I still talk about this game to friends who bash flight sims. Refresh my memory, was this a DOS title or not?

Jane's Combat Simulations: Advanced Tactical Fighters (1995) DOS
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Advanced Tactical Fighters - Nato Fighters (1996) DOS
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: AH-64D Longbow (1996) DOS
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: AH-64D Longbow: Flash Point Korea (1996) DOS
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: AH-64D Longbow Limited Edition (1996) DOS
                            Jane's Combat Simulations - 688(I) Hunter/Killer (1997) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Fighters Anthology (1997) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Longbow (series description) DOS
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Longbow 2 (1997) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Longbow Gold (1997) DOS, Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: U.S. Navy Fighters (1996) DOS
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: U.S. Navy Fighters '97 (1997) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Attack Pack (1998) DOS, Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: F-15 (1998) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Longbow Anthology (1998) DOS, Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Fleet Command (1998) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: WWII Fighters (1998) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Israeli Air Force (1998) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: F/A-18 (2000) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations - Naval Warfare Collection (2000) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: USAF (1999) Windows
                            Jane's Combat Simulations: Air Superiority Collection (2000) Windows

Comment

Reminds of the game I couldn't stop playing as a teen called Gunship. It was on the Commodore 64. It was insane!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X