2007 New York International Motorcycle Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 New York International Motorcycle Show

Ok all I went to the bike show here in Ny and took some pics. Some are blurry and very bad due to me bein bumped while i tried to take the pics and didnt notice until now. Im no photographer but I tried. :p This Is not even Half of what was there. I had to leave early because I actually rode my bike to the show and it started snowing so I had to leave. My friend who went yesterday is going to send me the pics he took so i will have those up soon also. Enjoy.

Rak.

2007 Bike Show
    Last edited by Rakkasan21; 12-31-2007, 01:16 AM.

[unit][support]
    The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
    I am proud to serve my Country!
    United States Army
    I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
    I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
    "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Re: 2007 New York International Motorcycle Show

This is interesting to me because my first licensed vehicle will be a motorcycle.

Comment

Sweet stuff
      The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
      mutual respect for your fellow gamers
      and where all members
      would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
      Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Sweet stuff Rak. I wish I could have gone, but I got sucked into the hell that is the gigantic family gathering at my parents house for the holidays.

Menth- not saying you shouldnt get a bike, but I dont recommend it as your first vehicle. Dont get me wrong, I ride a motorcycle and am a die-hard enthusiast. But having both driven cars and rode bikes, I can tell you that when you start out driving you have absolutely no idea how ridiculously stupid other people on the road really are. Ask anyone here who rides a bike, being on one as opposed to a car is 10x worse because people in cars just dont see you because theyre looking for other cars, not bikes.

If i go more than ten minutes from home, chances are, someone is going to try to merge on top of me, cut in front of me, try to bump my back end or flat out run me off the road. They simply dont see the bike, it doesnt register in their brain that its on the road because they expect to see cars. So if you have the opportunity, get a car first and get a feel for the idiocy of drivers today so you have a good idea of what you're diving into when you risk going out on a bike. Other than that, if you do get a bike, make sure to wear full leathers and a helmet at ALL times, regardless of the heat or cold because eventually someone will whack you or you'll whack yourself right off the bike and you'll be glad you had them on. I've got the scars to back that up.

Comment

Nice pics, I especially like the seat in pic154. Lots of nice bikes, it must ahve been a good show.
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Sweet stuff Rak. I wish I could have gone, but I got sucked into the hell that is the gigantic family gathering at my parents house for the holidays.

Menth- not saying you shouldnt get a bike, but I dont recommend it as your first vehicle. Dont get me wrong, I ride a motorcycle and am a die-hard enthusiast. But having both driven cars and rode bikes, I can tell you that when you start out driving you have absolutely no idea how ridiculously stupid other people on the road really are. Ask anyone here who rides a bike, being on one as opposed to a car is 10x worse because people in cars just dont see you because theyre looking for other cars, not bikes.

If i go more than ten minutes from home, chances are, someone is going to try to merge on top of me, cut in front of me, try to bump my back end or flat out run me off the road. They simply dont see the bike, it doesnt register in their brain that its on the road because they expect to see cars. So if you have the opportunity, get a car first and get a feel for the idiocy of drivers today so you have a good idea of what you're diving into when you risk going out on a bike. Other than that, if you do get a bike, make sure to wear full leathers and a helmet at ALL times, regardless of the heat or cold because eventually someone will whack you or you'll whack yourself right off the bike and you'll be glad you had them on. I've got the scars to back that up.
            Believe me Ferris, I intend to. I know what you mean about idiot drivers, especially around here.. but since I live in the city a motorcycle is really the only suitable thing.. most of my traveling is done by bus or train.. but if I need to leave the immediate area I'm stuck unless I can get a ride. Plus theres the whole fuel thing. But yeah, I woul definitely be wearing leather, chaps, gloves, boots and a jacket. And one of these..

http://www.reevu.com/

It has a rear view mirror in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              Ask anyone here who rides a bike, being on one as opposed to a car is 10x worse because people in cars just dont see you because theyre looking for other cars, not bikes.
              Or if you live in NY they just dont care since ur smaller then them. Last summer there was a guy who intenionally tried to run guys on sportbikes off the road just because one guy cut him off earlier in the year....some people see you they just dont care.:row__531:

[unit][support]
              The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
              I am proud to serve my Country!
              United States Army
              I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
              I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
              "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X