Behind Enemy Lines (ArmA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind Enemy Lines (ArmA)

I have a love/hate relationship with this game... so many good qualities in this game, but also so many shortcomings...

I played this mission last night on our SimHQ server, I was the only one on... so the rest were AI... It went perfect last night with no deaths, no stupid screw ups and a mission complete. So I said, "hell, I'm going to play that mission again and do an AAR on it"... well I did, as luck would have it, not all went as planned... still a very fun small unit mission. Great Job to the mission designer, who I believe was NIXER, for a short and sweet, small unit SF mission.

Mission: Behind Enemy Lines
    Designer: Nixer

Task: Take your 5 man SF unit behind enemy lines into a small town, Kill the officer in charge and then destroy a "police car" that is carrying sensitive documents about friendly positions and operations. Then reach your extraction point.

We move out from the insertion point in a wedge formation, I order the team in danger mode, and to hold fire:

As we get closer to the objective town, I order the team to go prone and move up to a line formation, I also give them a fire at will command due to the fact that my left side is reporting contacts danger close:

After taking out a couple of near by patrols with our silenced weapons, I scan the area of operation with my binos and come up with a plan of action:

I then order my men up, and in column formation as we sprint across the danger zone to the nearest building:

We stack up against the walls as we move from cover to cover, clearing as we go:

We come to the corner wall, in the corner of the town. I scan our flanks for targets, all clear, we prepare to move into the town:

I scan the main road for enemy patrols or positions:

A enemy patrol comes up behind us, the rear man is taken out, I get wounded even thou I'm the furtherest away from the enemy:

I heal myself a little, we are after all SF troops, and then engage the rest of the enemy patrol:

So I lost a man already, and have another injured. Who I order to heal self:

We then see the enemy camp, the smoke billows from the fire and we see the tents, a couple of grenades over the wall take care of the enemies in the small camp, including the officer in charge:

As we then form back up and move around the next corner, another enemy squad is spotted and we engage:

A couple of enemy troops try to flank our left, but my men are on it with there lazer guns:

We think it's clear, and begin moving to the second objective, A enemy surprises me at my 2 O'clock, I don't have time to pull the weapon sight to my eye, I just let loose of about 10 rounds, and the enemy soldier falls:

My number 2 man wasn't so lucky, he goes down, now I've lost 2:

I set up the demo charges on the police vehicle while my team covers me, I then fall back and order my men to do the same. One fails to listen or comply to orders to "fall back into formation", or even "move here"... after a number of tries, and a complete lack of compliance from my soldier (he must not be happy with me losing 2 men already,lol) anyway... I blow it, the objective must and is completed. But the blast throws the defiant soldier against a stone wall and he is instantly killed:

So now I lost three, I order my last soldier to fall in and we sprint out of the town towards the extraction, he quickly complies (probably saw what happened to number 3,lol):

We continue to run towards extraction zone:

We arrive at the extraction and load the Blackhawk, Mission Complete:

The end...

Fantastic small size mission, alot of action, easy for a full MP team, but as you can see working with the AI has issues. lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Behind Enemy Lines (ArmA)

Nice AAR Magnum. I've never really spent the time with the AI to be halfway proficient with them, but I guess it beats staring at an empty server ;)

btw, is that the plant colour mod (autumn?) you have going there?

Comment

yes it is matter of fact, just got it yesterday.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I haven't downloaded it yet, but thought about it. Adds a nice touch to the scenery, I'll have to give it a shot.

Comment

nice mission there... I was gonna ask about those plants.. thats the first thing I noticed. Very kool looking autumn leaves. The second was the laser ... now that is awesome! Is that only certain weapons ?
          Dizlor

Comment

Sorry to veer even further off topic, but I figured I'd throw up the link for the mod:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...0;t=71838;st=0

Comment

that was just a good capture on a tracer round... lol
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

nice !

Comment

One of those was a quality shot! Dead guy had a hole right through his kneepad! I bet he wast going very far.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    that was just a good capture on a tracer round... lol
                    what!!! wow nice shot. See your not so old after all magnum, your still pretty quick :row__593:
                    Dizlor

Comment

This makes me want to upgrade SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAD!

Nice AAR Mag ;)
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Any chance of a download link for this? I can't seem to find one anywhere.
                        "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

This topic made me re-install ArmA and patch it up again to play it :P

Thought to put my ArmA screenshots of the destroy convoy mission because I planned it so awsomely. :)

Keep it up man, love these!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X