Death Valley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Valley

During my drive out to Monterey, I decided to make a detour through Death Valley. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I'm already thinking about planning a week long trip so I can really explore the whole area. One day was not enough time to spend in Death Valley. I recommend everyone spending some time there. Anyways, here are some photos I took during my halfday/day excursion. I only wish I had gotten there earlier so the sun would not have been as high as it was while I was taking pictures.

Lowest point in the Western Hemisphere at 282 ft below Sea Level

Re: Death Valley

Did you make it to Scott's Castle?

Crazy guy built a mansion out there.

Sarcoma
    Sarcoma.

Comment

No, I stuck to the southern side and by the time I was done I was exhausted and still had to drive to Bakersfield that night to make my hotel reservation.

Comment

Makes me want to go.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
            No, I stuck to the southern side and by the time I was done I was exhausted and still had to drive to Bakersfield that night to make my hotel reservation.
            That is one long haul. Now you know what to look for the next time your crusing the backside of California.

Sarcoma
            Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
              Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
              I agree, thanks for sharing! I'd like to visit there too; my parents were out there years ago for their honeymoon

Comment

Originally posted by tuoply View Post
                I agree, thanks for sharing! I'd like to visit there too; my parents were out there years ago for their honeymoon
                Going to "Death Valley" for their honeymoon! :icon_lol:
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

If you get a chance to get down to the area, another really cool place that I discovered in my youth is Calico Ghost Town, just south of DV. It's nothing spectacular, old silver mining town, but it's just a neat place to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                    Going to "Death Valley" for their honeymoon! :icon_lol:
                    They didn't go specifically to there, it was a sight along the way ;)

Comment

nice pictures, must really be something to see in person.

Comment

Man! That looks so nice & warm compared to what has been going on here for the last 4 months.

What camera did you use on your trip?

Comment

Originally posted by HAZMAT View Post
                          Man! That looks so nice & warm compared to what has been going on here for the last 4 months.

What camera did you use on your trip?
                          Canon Powershot SD600

It got up to 70 F and I got sun burnt. While it would've been nice to enjoy it with friends, I was glad to get to do it by myself and just take in the surrounding landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
                            It got up to 70 F and I got sun burnt.
                            Hehe, wait a couple of weeks (or so) and it'll be hitting triple digits. :row__738:

By the way, Im not a big fan of desert valleys, since Ive lived in one for 15 years, just about...and to top it off, I hate the heat, and love the cold. :row__635:

Cool pics non-the-less.
                            Focused

Comment

Out of curiosity, what are you in Monterey for?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X