Learning WARFARE, the CTI mission for ArmA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning WARFARE, the CTI mission for ArmA

this is a copy/paste from a post I did at SimHQ...so the text is directed more to them, but screens explain it here also...

Got together today with Big C and Jex on Tactical Gamer's server...testing and learning the new WARFARE CTI game mode... learned alot... the main thing, having people come and go with a bunch of mods and add-ons, sure make this game unstable... but it was fun, different...and kinda cool...

Time to learn boys and girls, if you didn't know already. And were going to learn with pictures. lol

The first thing you do is decide, and vote on who will be the COMMANDER... in this case it was me.

You see on this screen... supplies and funds... supplies let you build factories and stuff, while funds let you buy stuff from those factories... the first thing you want to do is get a barracks and a light vehicle factory up and running:

You can pull up the mission screen, you as the COMMANDER shouldn't be taking on missions... you should build and command, and you can click command units, and give each player (and there fireteam) orders:

Your fireteam leaders are numbered on the side from 1 to 8 (you are number 1), click that to pick the team:

Then give them one of 4 orders, move to get near a town or objective, capture town to capture the nearest town there in, patrol and defend, patrol gives the unit a big yellow error to patrol, defend of course defends a point... you can actually play this with 2 people as commander, and order AI teams, and it works well:

As I get more money (not supply funds) I can build defenses:

You buy stuff with funds, you build factories with supply, once you begin capturing stuff, supply trucks will start running back and forth:

To place something, you right click to rotate to position, left click to place, once placed it's there till destroyed:

I had to buy me some artillery pieces but could never figure out how to use it, said I didn't have artillery or it was reloading:

Once I built a heavy factory, I bought a tank for Jex:

You can buy vehicles empty for use or full of AI then order them like they were in your squad.

Here I just ordered a factory built, see the construction site:

Then BAM, a air factory, so I can buy birds:

I'm buying me a little bird to survey the battlefield:

The command center, it can be loaded up and moved elsewhere:

My base:

I've ordered a couple of AI fireteams to defend the base:

Big C and Jex are up in the frontline taking a town, I decide to fly up for a surprise inspection:

One of the bases they captured:

I land my chopper on a roof for a over view (TG servers are locked into 1st person, so hard for precision landing and stuff):

Jex has stolen a enemy T72:

The world map:

Back at base we come under attack, the AI does a damn good job of defending it, against inf and armor:

I lose a couple of vehicles and fighting positions, but we forced them back:

A defensive placement:

I go airborne again as the base is attacked again for an aerial view:

Thats my base and my TOW operator taking out a BMP:

I go up to congratulate this AI soldier for a nice shot:

I then build Jex a Cobra, we take it up, I tag along as gunner:

We take out a few armored vehicles:

We land on the front line, where we just captured this town... anyone can then build/buy defense positions, but there not AI supported like back at base for some reason:

Great potential for a good long mission... just got to enforce some rules on joining and going, along with teamwork and tactics of course.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Learning WARFARE, the CTI mission for ArmA

Nice screenies. Caught the post at SimHQ already.

The great thing about this mode is you have the opportunity the experience full scope of this game. That was something that never really happened in any other mission. If you like realistic war games, this is the one.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

BTW Big C... that error we talked about is in screen 3
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

When we all figure out the nuances and bugs it'll be a blast.
        Skud

Comment

Bah, I love arma.. Just needs some animation fixes.. and parachute..
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Looks really cool! How many players where in that game? Just the 3 of yes?

Comment

yes...with the rest as AI...we were testing the game mode...
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X