Screen Gnats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Gnats

Anyone else have little bugs that want to live on a computer screen for some reason?

I dread giving them a squish because then the screen requires cleaning. Fortunately, I am a CRT user so I needn't worry about significant damage.

Re: Screen Gnats

LITTLE bugs??? lol, you got mothra living on your screen.

Comment

I heard something about them being attracted to the light/electricity, similar to one of those blue 'bug-zappers'.

I get flies on my screen sometimes, but I just brush them off. Try flicking them with a pen if they annoy you. :)
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Usually spiders like to crawl on my screen. It great fun when you in game and this huge black thing appears in the corner of your eye and it turns out to be a spider the size of a half dollar. I flick them off and wait for the them to climb the wall. THen i crush them.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
          Anyone else have little bugs that want to live on a computer screen for some reason?

I dread giving them a squish because then the screen requires cleaning. Fortunately, I am a CRT user so I needn't worry about significant damage.
          Forget the bug...

What is that odd box shaped thing that is kinda pale-ish cream colored that the bug is stuck to???

:D

Comment

I think it's called higher resolution, higher refresh rate, and full-color-depth without dithering.

Comment

i had one then i set my screen background to a pic of a gold DE and they stop coming .....

EVERYONE FEARS THE DE

(but this is a true story i no longer have flys on my monitor anymore i dont know why they jsut seem to fear the picture)
              I will not place claymores in my front yard.
              I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                Apparently, some have them inside...

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                  Apparently, some have them inside...
                  Yet another reason why CRTs are superior to LCDs. CRTs have an actual gun inside that will shoot any bugs.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Close the window buddy.

Comment

Did you file a bug report?

Thanks I'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waitress!
                      Retired 6th DB

Comment

cept for the fact that crt picture isnt truly square/rectangular... rounded sides no matter how many settings there are for the geography of it