I love Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Texas

This pretty much speaks for itself. I hope to have my license in by the 15th of December.

For those who don't know, Texas offers the ability for a citizen to apply for a Concealed Handgun License per specific requirements. This certificate is one of them. The others include a fairly clean criminal record (nothing more than a Class C mis. with some exceptions), and 140 bucks paid to Uncle Sam.

Oh yea, I almost forgot about the .45 Kimber Compact I went ahead and bought for a small fortune.

Good times......

Re: I love Texas

Well, I could care less about the certificate, but I want the pistol! I've had a Kimber on my Xmas list for the last two years... They're 'spensive, but every single one that I've shot has been a dream. And I've heard nothing negative said about them (other than their cost...).

Good for you for working on getting your CCW. Too many people want to do nothing but rely on other people to protect them. I commend you for taking the legal steps required to avail yourself of some stronger tools.

Oh, and read this. Read it and take it to heart. And then use it to explain to other people...
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 12-06-2004, 03:34 AM.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      Well, I could care less about the certificate, but I want the pistol! I've had a Kimber on my Xmas list for the last two years... They're 'spensive, but every single one that I've shot has been a dream. And I've heard nothing negative said about them (other than their cost...).
      At 3-15 yards: it's just as acurate as my Colt full-size .45. After 15 yards, it looses it fast. But who cares because any gunfight is going to be point blank anyways.

The only issue I've had is malfunctions on ejection and feeds (which a few owners have noticed as a problem). So basically, I'm in the proccess of putting around 500 rounds through it while only cleaning the barrel and adding more oil up until it jams almost all the time. Then I'll break it down and clean it. Hopefully, that should clear up the jams.

Oh, and read this. Read it and take it to heart. And then use it to explain to other people...
      That's a good read, I just never liked the negative connotations toward wolves. There's no animal I respect more.

Comment

That isn't real. A real one will have your name on it, as well as certificate numbers.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
          That isn't real. A real one will have your name on it, as well as certificate numbers.
          Um, you mean the ones that I used photoshop to blur out so no one could view my real name and certificate number? I don't exactly want anyone to be able to garner personal information about me via a picture on the Internet.

I can only hope you're just being facetious.

Comment

Pokerface, facetious? Now you're being facetious.
            New to TG?

Comment

Indeed. I gets crazy like Prozac, hype enough to start a party, and illy as a heart attack.
              [volun2]
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

UPDATE:

Note: Picture must be viewed while listening to Shine Down - .45 as per Texas Code 3 section 57.

Comment

Woohoo! Congrats Fenix!
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Nice! You're a sheepdog with teeth now!
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

So was the license issued or the certificate activated? Or both? :)

In any case, congratulations.
                      [volun2]

Comment

License itself. Should be arriving shortly in the mail.

Comment

It is scary to think that you guys have guns....

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
                            It is scary to think that you guys have guns....
                            and carry them in public too!

Comment

hey fen, wanna come over to my place and play shoot each other?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X