Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want to play this game?

Pretty nice looking FPS game, huh?

It's also a flight sim that interacts with the players on the ground! Check it out:

In this game, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of any of the game's 30+ vehicles to engage in major conflicts with over 100 players in some of the largest online battles on the PC.

This game features immense, richly detailed, destructible environments, from city streets to remote forests, in some of the most notorious hot spots around the world. Each map in this game adjusts in scale to support the number of players in the world, providing the ideal vehicle-to-player ratio and an optimized game play experience. Enhanced team play features allow players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates. With in-game success, players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and unlock awards, including new weapons, vehicle decals, medals, and more.

Additionally, this game showcases an all-new game engine and physics system to bring the modern battlefield to life like never before. The new material penetration feature measures weapons' ability to fire through barriers based on their composition and players will need to know the difference between concealment and cover in order to survive.
    So.... Anyone interested in playing this game? Sounds like Joint Ops meets Natural Selection meets LOMAC, doesn't it? I've not mentioned the name of the game simply to try and keep bias against this company's last game from creeping into your thoughts. I'm sure some of you know what game this is, but please don't blab. I hope that this gets some people's attention and when the game is released early next year that we'll have some people wanting to play it here!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Do you want to play this game?

Sure.... Just as soon as I buy my Cray supercomputer with my 512 bit, 1 GB video card...

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      Sure.... Just as soon as I buy my Cray supercomputer with my 512 bit, 1 GB video card...
      :icon_lol:

Battlefield 2 huh?

Sounds like too much going on already for this old man, I don't want to have a 12 button mouse, a joystick and 50 keyboard binds that I can't remember... Hated BF1942 and this is just a dolled-up version from the sounds of it.

Despite the fact its an EA game it looks nice, we'll see.

P.S. Sorry to ruin the mystery... :icon18:

Comment

looks really Cool. I hope not to have to deal with over crouded eye candy and poor game play like JO. I will be interested if they can keep it away from the JO arcade style.

Comment

I hope the flight is better. BF1942 never really had a great flight model and the maps were too small.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

sounds good, but if it's an EA game it's an easy decision: I'll pass

Comment

Personally I can't wait for this. Bf with the DC mod is far better than the JO's try at driving or flying vehicles. There is true skill involved with flying helos so I hope that they leave the flight physics alon.

I'll have my copy as soon as it comes out.

P.S. Going to Florida for the holidays tomorrow morning. Everyone have a great X-mas. If you drive drunk..your an idiot and I hope you only kill yourself and no one else.
              "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
              "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

The helos were cool but the planes really sucked. The maps just aren't big enough for planes and they feel flimsy.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                  The helos were cool but the planes really sucked. The maps just aren't big enough for planes and they feel flimsy.

Small maps...agreed
                  "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
                  "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                    Personally I can't wait for this. Bf with the DC mod is far better than the JO's try at driving or flying vehicles. There is true skill involved with flying helos so I hope that they leave the flight physics alon.
                    Yeah, they sure screwed that up in BF: Vietnam, though... That was the most disappointing game that I've ever bought...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I'm glad I never got BF:Vietnam. The first one is so enjoyable with the DC mod that there really isn't anything to wait for until BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Yeah, they sure screwed that up in BF: Vietnam, though... That was the most disappointing game that I've ever bought...
                        It has its moments though.....

Like watching 2 teammates drive around on a scooter with "Bird is the word" playing on the radio :D

Comment

Bump so you can download and watch a looooong video that outlines some of the new features with an in-game demonstration: http://www.filerush.com/download.php...eparty-fin.avi
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

My god Cing, did you go to EVERY bf2 thread to promote this? How much you gettin' paid? ;)

EDIT: Nope, you forgot this one.. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=32032

:)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm still trying to work out the fascination with BF1942. Every time I've played, disorganization seemed to reign due to relatively banal objectives coupled with a map so large that one hand wouldn't know what the other was doing. Toss in 32 players to a side (!) and I can't see the problems getting any better.

It's a pretty game, but BF in general hasn't impressed me in the least. Maybe the addition of a commander mode will help BF2.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X