Thx you tax payers, new ride...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thx you tax payers, new ride...

Well my old ride was 10 years old, 120k miles, with that x3 on idling time. (K9 vehicles sit alot but still have to be running). (oldest in my department... so finally, after 9 months of converting... thats why I call it my new baby, 9 months too make, lol... my new K9 ride... thx you tax payers:

Spot my K9 in this shot? lol

Thats my rat dog, (wifes dog), when I go to work Sunday, will get new shots of my K9 Shadow with the vehicle:

Well now i need a new FM2 vehicles made:

State of the art, power everything... theres even a button that moves the gas/brake pedals forward and back, lol:

My state of the art F16 cockpit... this thing was done right... the camera always stays on (inside and outside camera, (not recording...) it's a hard drive camera, if I'm sitting at a red light, it turns green and someone coming the other way runs their red light in front of me, when I pull the vehicle over (emergency light on) it records up too 2 mins before the stop, meaning the red light running is on film... harddrive buffer camera... if I crash it turns on and will capture the crash... if I'm following a vehicle and he's weaving all over the road, I can manual turn the camera on and it will record 2 mins earlier... if I go to a fight or domestic, and someone says something to me (I'm mic'ed) incriminating, I hit a button and it records up to 2 past minutes...how cool is that. (I'm a cop thats a big supporter of cameras, if you do right, they will save your ass, if your a bad cop, then I could see why you don't like them.)

and then the K9 door popper, push a button on my belt the K9 door pops open, dog comes out to the rescue. It monitors heat in vehicle too, if I'm away from the vehicle and the vehicle stalls, or the temp goes up, the windows (dog is in a secured crate) go down, the lights and horn goes off, the internal fan kicks on, and it calls my cell phone... theres 2 monitors in the vehicle if one goes out or there is more then 5 degrees difference, it calls me. Cool huh?

oh and BTW, I'm the first to have this in the department... when I pull into the police station, the camera automatically uploads and video to a secured server. now thats cool... plus I got my laptop in there, I got my personal portable printer hooked up... and I have a one person prisoner cage... separated from the dog... so i can transport my own prisoner. (always had to call for another unit).

oh, and the radar system, the speed of my vehicle and the target vehicle is recorded ON the film footage... so when we go to court the radar speed is right there with the drivers vehicle...sweet... as you can see I'm happy, been a long time coming. (K9 units usually get the oldest, crappy-est stuff.)

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Thx you tax payers, new ride...

sorry, guess I forgot to resize that one.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

It'd probably save a lot of dollars, as well as wear and tear on the engine, if it was fitted (or if not, at this point, retro-fitted) with a Hybrid engine.

That way it wouldn't have to idle nearly so much to keep the A/C on and the pooch cool.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
          It'd probably save a lot of dollars, as well as wear and tear on the engine, if it was fitted (or if not, at this point, retro-fitted) with a Hybrid engine.

That way it wouldn't have to idle nearly so much to keep the A/C on and the pooch cool.
          I was wondering about that as I read the first post. Does anyone make hybrids targeted at police and other official use?

(I think California's governor and the US Prez motorcade should both use hybrids!)
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Nice ride! I am sure Shadow will love the new wheels!!
            sigpic

Comment

My tax euros didn't pay for that, still a sweet ride :)

I like the lotsofbuttons!
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I think that eventually you'll see that, but police vehicles need to employ tried and true technology, not stuff that's still fairly experimental. I'm sure it's being tested as we speak. Watch for the Michigan State Police to consider it first...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well, I highly doubt the Mich State Police have the budget for those :)

I'm surprised the whole state hasn't gone bankrupt, yet somehow, I'm still moving back there. I must have lost my mind.
                  "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams

Comment

Well, I highly doubt the Mich State Police have the budget for those :)
                    Police departments don't pay for prototype cars...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

How fast is that thing?

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        Police departments don't pay for prototype cars...
                        I'm referring to the purchase of new state vehicles, period. They might be able to afford them in Oakland country, but I bet barely anywhere else.

If you're looking for a "proven" platform that's a Ford which most if not all depts purchase from, there's the Escape Hybrid. There's always the Tahoe/Yukon HYbrid as well, if you need full size. Hybrid technology is prolific now, and I think it's "proven" enough at this point.

Comment

Sweet ride, Magnum. All it needs is an Xbox 360 and built-in controller for the steering wheel and you'll never have to leave the comfort of your SUV. Just remind me never to speed in Naples!

Comment

where's the Panasonic Toughbook?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

it's in now.
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X