Crysis Warhead, first 2 missions...screens/opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis Warhead, first 2 missions...screens/opinion

Played Far Cry when it came out, till it got to the aliens...

Played Crysis when it came out, till it got to the aliens...

Now playing Crysis Warhead (a stand alone "expansion" to Crysis), till it gets to the aliens...

lol... pretty good, as suspected... AI is alot better this time, diving behind cover, flanking you, using nearby cover when engaged... Still have a problem with the weapons, unrealistic, takes 4 to 6 rounds before they go down or get effected, even at point blank range... Over all a good expansion, just to go around the island and blow stuff up... the Multiplayer, Crysis Wars, is a separate download/install... played it last night for 15 mins, new mods and features, but mega-lag, for me... more on that in another thread...

Here's some screens from the first 2 "chapters"...

Min, mainstream, gamer, Enthusist... nice way to name low, medium, high, insane, lol... I tried enthusiast first, got 20 or so fps, dropped it down to gamer, getting around 40 plus fps.... (these screens are the "gamer" setting:

Beautiful load screens:

TAB key, objectives and map:

Weapon customization:

ALot of environment in this game, more then what was in Crysis... dog fights and bombings going on around you or in the distant:

Binos:

Weapon sights:

Beautiful as usual:

Gettin some:

inside the trailer:

Download in progress:

On normal difficulty (which these screens are from... I tried Delta for Crysis, and thou more realistic, alot more re-loads then I wanted...since i really only got that game and this for MP)... the bad guys glow when they engage you, Delta mode does not:

look at the turtle, alot of wildlife:

Sniper scope:

Another bomb run:

intro to the 2nd mission, rescue a down pilot:

Rain and weather:

Crash site:

in a vehicle now:

little close there fellows:

Bottom line, IMO... if you enjoyed Crysis, then get this expansion... if you want more MP options, get this expansion for the Crysis War download/install... if you didn't like Crysis, didn't like the alien crap story, and have no desire for MP... then don't bother... what for Far Cry 2. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Crysis Warhead, first 2 missions...screens/opinion

Is there any tactical multiplay ability or value with this title?

Comment

individual tactics like using the suit power, but NO... it's an action shooter not a tactical shooter IMO.

Matter of fact, 4 hours with it and I'm done, the alienshave arrived...think winter wonderland with war of the worlds... looks buetiful, but im not into sci fi... if someone could really make a tactical mod for this game, could be great.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

It's such a beautiful game I would like to see something on par with R6 or ArmA with those graphics.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

agreed.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

God I wish my pc could run this.
            |TG| Plude220

Comment

i like aliens.

Comment

Dude, thanks for the info and all the screenshots.

I bought Crisis the day it came out last year and got frustrated with the lag, BSOD and all the other glitches that were lighting up the Crytek forums. After a few weeks of trying to tweak, patch and constant reboot I stopped right at the alien chapter. Hadn't played it until August when I upgraded my hardware with Vista 64bit running 8GB RAM and Crossfire 2x ATI 4870's (ASUS RAMPAGE X48 mobo). Played Assasin's Creed with great performance all the way to end. So, I reloaded Crysis and was able to play really smooth... to the Aliens and guess what - once I got into space I really liked it! The weightlessness was cool! Kind of reminded me of the old Asteroids game but 3D. Ending left me anxious for more...

I agree, Crysis Multiplayer is not tactical at all, and after being so immersed in TG here it was both frustrating and disappointing to play MP. Graphics are great, MP team/squad not good.

I'm probably going to get Warhead next weekend, if I can wait that long, and have a go too...

Thanks,

-Zippy

:icon_frow
                |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                  It's such a beautiful game I would like to see something on par with R6 or ArmA with those graphics.
                  Which might end up being something like ArmA 2 or the Ofp2.. Though I bet the physics and all that won't be nearly what Crysis has in it..
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    if someone could really make a tactical mod for this game, could be great.
                    Cough cough... Obsidian Edge 2... cough.

Tactical Strike is the one that is geared more towards TG players but I'm sure a lot of the game types can be utilized for some good tactical fun.

http://www.obsidianedge.net/index.ph...112&Itemid=174

or check my sig for more info. :)

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X