Nephews First Kill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nephews First Kill

My nephew had his first kill this evening.

Three dove at age nine. Pretty good for the first hunt.

He is holding the dove, sans head. (Dove be good eats.)

Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Nephews First Kill

Awesome. How do you cook 'em? I quite enjoy the taste of dove, but, like some fish, I find the bones to be quite annoying...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

lots of ways.

You can make a nice dove stew. You first braise the dove. Then strip the meat. It comes off pretty easily.

Or you can fry it like chicken. It is all dark meat, even the breast. The bones aren't really a problem. Or maybe I just got used to them.

What I really like is saving the hearts from the entire season. You usually end up with about 100 or so. Then you bread and deep fry them. Delicious.
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I've never had dove, does it have that gamey taste like other birds.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Yes. But it is different.

I think it is better than either quail or pheasant or even wild turkey (the bird, not the drink ;))

The gamey taste comes from what they eat. One good thing about dove is that during the hunting season they usually feed off the waste grain from farms. I think it helps the taste.

Comment

funny story dove + .357hp = no more dove :)
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...